Glazed Sirloin of Beef with Herby Yorkshire Puddings
We have teamed up with our friends at Simply Beef and Lamb, to bring to you some delicious recipes.
This recipe uses an easy glaze of beer and fruity redcurrant or quince jelly, adding interest to the traditional Sunday roast accompanied by delicious herby Yorkshire puddings.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Avg. cooking time for 3lb: 1 hour 40 minutes
- 1 x 1.25kg/2¾lb lean boneless sirloin or topside joint
- Salt and freshly milled black pepper
- 3 red onions, peeled and cut into wedges
- 12 fat garlic cloves, unpeeled
- 120ml/6tbsp good quality beer
- 45ml/3tbsp rowanberry, quince or redcurrant jellyYorkshire Pudding Ingredients:
- 225g/8oz plain flour, sieved
- Pinch salt
- 10ml/2tsp English mustard powder
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 10-15ml/2-3tsp fresh thyme leaves or 5ml/1tsp dried thyme leaves
- 300-400ml/10-14floz milk
- Sunflower oil, for cooking
20 minutes per 450g/1lb plus 20 minutes
25 minutes per 450g/1lb plus 25 minutes
30 minutes per 450g/1lb plus 30 minutes
- Preheat the oven to Gas mark 4-5, 180-190°C, 350-375°F.
- Place the sirloin joint on a metal rack in a large non-stick roasting tin. Season and open roast for the preferred calculated cooking time. From time to time during cooking continue to baste the joint with the beef juices from the roasting tin.
- Prepare the herby Yorkshire puddings; place the flour, salt and mustard powder in a large bowl. Whisk in the beaten egg, thyme and enough milk to produce a smooth thick batter, about the consistency of double cream. Leave the batter to rest for at least 30 minutes.
- 30-40 minutes before the end of cooking remover the joint and rack from the tin, add the red onions and garlic to the base of the tin then position the beef on top of the vegetables
Serve with roast potatoes, vegetables and gravy for a truly scrumptious feast!
To visit Simply Lamb and Beef click here ←
For more delicious recipes click here ←
Image provided by EBLEX
Latest posts by Silversurfers Editor (see all)
- Win 1 of 5 copies of Classic Albums – Pet Sounds DVD featuring The Beach Boys! - January 20, 2017
- Could these be the world’s most comfortable shoes? - January 20, 2017
- Recreational cycling holidays in Tuscany - January 20, 2017
- 5 Ways to Make your Bedroom more Chic - January 20, 2017
- How would you solve the NHS crisis? - January 19, 2017
Leave a Comment!
Community Terms & Conditions
These content standards apply to any and all material which you contribute to our site (contributions), and to any interactive services associated with it.
You must comply with the spirit of the following standards as well as the letter. The standards apply to each part of any contribution as well as to its whole.
be accurate (where they state facts); be genuinely held (where they state opinions); and comply with applicable law in the UK and in any country from which they are posted.
Contributions must not:
contain any material which is defamatory of any person; or contain any material which is obscene, offensive, hateful or inflammatory; or promote sexually explicit material; or promote violence; promote discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age; or infringe any copyright, database right or trade mark of any other person; or be likely to deceive any person; or be made in breach of any legal duty owed to a third party, such as a contractual duty or a duty of confidence; or promote any illegal activity; or be threatening, abuse or invade another’s privacy, or cause annoyance, inconvenience or needless anxiety; or be likely to harass, upset, embarrass, alarm or annoy any other person; or be used to impersonate any person, or to misrepresent your identity or affiliation with any person; or give the impression that they emanate from us, if this is not the case; or advocate, promote or assist any unlawful act such as (by way of example only) copyright infringement or computer misuse.
Nurturing a safe environment
Our Silversurfers community is designed to foster friendships, based on trust, honesty, integrity and loyalty and is underpinned by these values.
We don't tolerate swearing, and reserve the right to remove any posts which we feel may offend others... let's keep it friendly!