We have teamed up with our friends at Simply Beef and Lamb, to bring to you some delicious recipes.
This recipe uses an easy glaze of beer and fruity redcurrant or quince jelly, adding interest to the traditional Sunday roast accompanied by delicious herby Yorkshire puddings.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Avg. cooking time for 3lb: 1 hour 40 minutes
- 1 x 1.25kg/2¾lb lean boneless sirloin or topside joint
- Salt and freshly milled black pepper
- 3 red onions, peeled and cut into wedges
- 12 fat garlic cloves, unpeeled
- 120ml/6tbsp good quality beer
- 45ml/3tbsp rowanberry, quince or redcurrant jellyYorkshire Pudding Ingredients:
- 225g/8oz plain flour, sieved
- Pinch salt
- 10ml/2tsp English mustard powder
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 10-15ml/2-3tsp fresh thyme leaves or 5ml/1tsp dried thyme leaves
- 300-400ml/10-14floz milk
- Sunflower oil, for cooking
20 minutes per 450g/1lb plus 20 minutes
25 minutes per 450g/1lb plus 25 minutes
30 minutes per 450g/1lb plus 30 minutes
- Preheat the oven to Gas mark 4-5, 180-190°C, 350-375°F.
- Place the sirloin joint on a metal rack in a large non-stick roasting tin. Season and open roast for the preferred calculated cooking time. From time to time during cooking continue to baste the joint with the beef juices from the roasting tin.
- Prepare the herby Yorkshire puddings; place the flour, salt and mustard powder in a large bowl. Whisk in the beaten egg, thyme and enough milk to produce a smooth thick batter, about the consistency of double cream. Leave the batter to rest for at least 30 minutes.
- 30-40 minutes before the end of cooking remover the joint and rack from the tin, add the red onions and garlic to the base of the tin then position the beef on top of the vegetables
Serve with roast potatoes, vegetables and gravy for a truly scrumptious feast!
To visit Simply Lamb and Beef click here ←
For more delicious recipes click here ←
Image provided by EBLEX
Latest posts by Silversurfers Editor (see all)
- Which is your favourite Christmas Carol? - December 8, 2016
- Sunrise at Avebury stone circle Wiltshire by Paul Giles - December 8, 2016
- A review of Internet Privacy - December 8, 2016
- Sunset at Cley windmill by Pauline Goldsworthy - December 7, 2016
- Do you boil your Brussels? - December 6, 2016