Lamb Tagine with honey yoghurt dressing
Why not try creating a traditional dish that you tasted on holiday? On a recent trip to Morocco we had a delicious Lamb Tagine, and the addition of sweet potato gave this dish a new dimension of flavour. I love making modifications to recipes, so here is a variation, which is gorgeous topped with a dollop of honey infused Greek yoghurt, and can be served with either couscous or rice.
1 tsp ground cinnamon
4 tbsp olive oil
250g Greek style Honey yogurt
1.5kg boneless lamb shoulder or diced leg
1 large onion, chopped
Flaked toasted almonds
2 garlic cloves, chopped
1 cinnamon stick
3 sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into chunks
1tsp ground cumin
150g apricots, ready to eat, chopped
500ml lamb stock
1 tsp ground coriander
PER SERVING: 774kcal, Protein 49.3g, Carbs 27.5g, Fat 51.1g, Sat Fat 13.7g, Fibre 3.8g, Sugar 18.0g, Salt 10.5g
Prep time: 20 minutes; Cooking time: 2 hours
1. Pre-heat the oven to 180C/350F/Gas Mark 5.
2. Heat the oil in a flameproof casserole or a traditional tagine pot, fry the meat in batches until it colours then set aside.
3. With the remaining oil fry the onion and garlic over a low heat until softened. Add the spices.
4. Return the lamb to the casserole. Add the stock and passata and simmer.
5. Place the casserole in the oven to cook for approx 1 hour, check at regular intervals to ensure that the casserole does not dry out and add more stock or passata as required.
6. Add the sweet potato and apricots and return to the oven for another 30 minutes – 1 hour.
7. To serve, spoon over the yogurt, chopped parsley and flaked almonds.
Hints and tips
This recipe is even more delicious made the day before you plan on serving it, as the ingredients mingle and the flavours really develop.
For more delicious recipes click here ←
Latest posts by Silversurfer's Editor (see all)
- Make this your summer of reading! - June 20, 2018
- Win a £50 Morrisons voucher and treat yourself this summer - June 20, 2018
- In the comfort of his own herd - June 19, 2018
- Will you still buy mohair, cashmere, silk and feather products? - June 19, 2018
- Eamonn Holmes reveals hearing loss - June 19, 2018
Leave a Comment!
Community Terms & Conditions
These content standards apply to any and all material which you contribute to our site (contributions), and to any interactive services associated with it.
You must comply with the spirit of the following standards as well as the letter. The standards apply to each part of any contribution as well as to its whole.
be accurate (where they state facts); be genuinely held (where they state opinions); and comply with applicable law in the UK and in any country from which they are posted.
Contributions must not:
contain any material which is defamatory of any person; or contain any material which is obscene, offensive, hateful or inflammatory; or promote sexually explicit material; or promote violence; promote discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age; or infringe any copyright, database right or trade mark of any other person; or be likely to deceive any person; or be made in breach of any legal duty owed to a third party, such as a contractual duty or a duty of confidence; or promote any illegal activity; or be threatening, abuse or invade another’s privacy, or cause annoyance, inconvenience or needless anxiety; or be likely to harass, upset, embarrass, alarm or annoy any other person; or be used to impersonate any person, or to misrepresent your identity or affiliation with any person; or give the impression that they emanate from us, if this is not the case; or advocate, promote or assist any unlawful act such as (by way of example only) copyright infringement or computer misuse.
Nurturing a safe environment
Our Silversurfers community is designed to foster friendships, based on trust, honesty, integrity and loyalty and is underpinned by these values.
We don't tolerate swearing, and reserve the right to remove any posts which we feel may offend others... let's keep it friendly!