Asparagus, mozzarella & bacon sliders
Barbecue season is just around the corner – get in the mood with this quick and easy spin on sliders.
It makes for a straightforward and delicious lunch or easy nibbles on your next picnic or garden party.
Serves: 6 Prep time: 5 minutes Cook time: 15 minutes
- 9 British asparagus spears, trimmed
- 2 tsp olive oil
- Juice of ½ lemon
- 6 slices of streaky bacon
- 150g mozzarella, sliced and patted dry
- 6 small buns, halved
What to do
- Heat the grill to high. Lay the asparagus spears on a large plate, drizzle with oil, a squeeze of lemon juice and season then shake the plate to roll the spears until they are well coated.
- Grill the asparagus and bacon on both sides until golden and cooked. Return the asparagus to the oily plate and roll it in the dressing once more.
- Toast the cut sides of the buns. Cut the asparagus spears in half to fit into the buns. Top one half of each bun with asparagus then a slice of mozzarella. Return to the grill to melt the cheese.
- Cut the bacon to fit the buns then top each slider with a crisp piece of bacon and the top half of the bun.
Recipe courtesy of www.britishasparagus.com
Silversurfer's Assistant Editor
Latest posts by Silversurfer's Assistant Editor (see all)
- Choose the best Prime Minister of your lifetime - April 20, 2018
- Contents vs Buildings insurance: what’s the difference - April 19, 2018
- Do you agree with banning plastics? - April 19, 2018
- Tomato garlic bread with avocado & pesto - April 18, 2018
- Clever uses for Epsom salts - April 17, 2018
Leave a Comment!
Community Terms & Conditions
These content standards apply to any and all material which you contribute to our site (contributions), and to any interactive services associated with it.
You must comply with the spirit of the following standards as well as the letter. The standards apply to each part of any contribution as well as to its whole.
be accurate (where they state facts); be genuinely held (where they state opinions); and comply with applicable law in the UK and in any country from which they are posted.
Contributions must not:
contain any material which is defamatory of any person; or contain any material which is obscene, offensive, hateful or inflammatory; or promote sexually explicit material; or promote violence; promote discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age; or infringe any copyright, database right or trade mark of any other person; or be likely to deceive any person; or be made in breach of any legal duty owed to a third party, such as a contractual duty or a duty of confidence; or promote any illegal activity; or be threatening, abuse or invade another’s privacy, or cause annoyance, inconvenience or needless anxiety; or be likely to harass, upset, embarrass, alarm or annoy any other person; or be used to impersonate any person, or to misrepresent your identity or affiliation with any person; or give the impression that they emanate from us, if this is not the case; or advocate, promote or assist any unlawful act such as (by way of example only) copyright infringement or computer misuse.
Nurturing a safe environment
Our Silversurfers community is designed to foster friendships, based on trust, honesty, integrity and loyalty and is underpinned by these values.
We don't tolerate swearing, and reserve the right to remove any posts which we feel may offend others... let's keep it friendly!