Blue Cheese Beef Burger
This delicious blue cheese beef burger recipe puts a sophisticated spin on a much-loved classic.
The creamy blue cheese pairs beautifully with caramelised shallots, while the crisp salsa is fresh and vibrant – perfect for summer.
Serves: 4 Prep time: 10 minutes Cooking time: 20 minutes
For the shallots
- 8 shallots
- 3 tsp butter
- 1 tsp brown sugar
- ½ tsp balsamic vinegar
For the salsa
- 2 sticks celery
- 4 radishes
- ½ tbsp white wine vinegar
- ½ tbsp olive oil
For the burger
- 4 beef burgers
- 4 brioche burger buns
- 1 little gem lettuce
- 4 slices of blue cheese
What to do
- Peel and slice the shallots. Heat the butter in frying pan until sizzling, add the sugar and vinegar and swirl together.
- Turn the heat down to medium/low, tip in the shallots, season and stir to coat. Continue to cook the shallots, stirring occasionally for 10 minutes until they are caramel coloured and very soft. Set aside.
- While the shallots are cooling, make the salsa. Finely dice the radish and celery put them in a bowl with the oil and vinegar and season. Stir well and set aside.
- Cook the burgers on the BBQ, grill or griddle and toast the buns. Lay some little gem on the base of the bun and spoon in some salsa. Put the burger on top with a slice of cheese then top with the caramelised shallots. Hold the whole thing together with a skewer or steak knife through the middle.
recipe courtesy of Love Radish
Rachel - Silversurfers Assistant Editor
Latest posts by Rachel - Silversurfers Assistant Editor (see all)
- Would you feel comfortable going cashless? - March 20, 2019
- A 3-course Mother’s Day Feast - March 20, 2019
- Tatin of Shallots and Port with Creamy Goat’s Cheese - March 19, 2019
- Understanding your carbon footprint - March 18, 2019
- What name would you choose for Prince Harry and Meghan’s first child? - March 17, 2019
Leave a Comment!
Community Terms & Conditions
These content standards apply to any and all material which you contribute to our site (contributions), and to any interactive services associated with it.
You must comply with the spirit of the following standards as well as the letter. The standards apply to each part of any contribution as well as to its whole.
be accurate (where they state facts); be genuinely held (where they state opinions); and comply with applicable law in the UK and in any country from which they are posted.
Contributions must not:
contain any material which is defamatory of any person; or contain any material which is obscene, offensive, hateful or inflammatory; or promote sexually explicit material; or promote violence; promote discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age; or infringe any copyright, database right or trade mark of any other person; or be likely to deceive any person; or be made in breach of any legal duty owed to a third party, such as a contractual duty or a duty of confidence; or promote any illegal activity; or be threatening, abuse or invade another’s privacy, or cause annoyance, inconvenience or needless anxiety; or be likely to harass, upset, embarrass, alarm or annoy any other person; or be used to impersonate any person, or to misrepresent your identity or affiliation with any person; or give the impression that they emanate from us, if this is not the case; or advocate, promote or assist any unlawful act such as (by way of example only) copyright infringement or computer misuse.
Nurturing a safe environment
Our Silversurfers community is designed to foster friendships, based on trust, honesty, integrity and loyalty and is underpinned by these values.
We don't tolerate swearing, and reserve the right to remove any posts which we feel may offend others... let's keep it friendly!