Chilli Lettuce Leaves
Enjoy the warming comfort of Chilli in a lighter, healthier way – this fast and easy recipe feeds for and takes just thirty minutes to put together.
Prep time: 15 minutes Cooking time: 15-20 minutes Serves: 4
- 1 onion, chopped (170g)
- 500g pack of extra lean minced beef
- 1-2 tsp chilli powder
- 400g can chopped tomatoes
- 400g can kidney beans (240g drained and rinsed)
- 1 round lettuce, leaves washed and separated (80g)
- 275g leftover cooked rice
- 4 tbsp soured cream
What to do:
- Fry the onion and mince in a large saucepan to brown. Stir in the chilli powder and cook for 1 minute. Add the tomatoes and kidney beans, cover and cook for 15-20 minutes. Allow to cool slightly.
- Place 16 large lettuce leaves on a large platter or 4 onto 4 plates. Heat the rice and divide between the leaves. Top with the chilli and serve with soured cream.
For a vegetarian option, swap the minced beef for minced Quorn