Herb Crusted Rack of Lamb with Pea, Mint and Shallot Sauce
This Herb Crusted Rack of Lamb with Pea, Mint and Shallot Sauce is a delicious and satisfying meal, perfect for special occasions.
Serves: 4 Prep Time: 15 minutes Cooking Time: 45 minutes
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 4 x 3 cutlet mini French trimmed racks of lamb
- 100g fine fresh breadcrumbs
- 1 tbsp chopped parsley
- 1 tbsp freshly chopped basil
- 1dsp freshly chopped rosemary
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 4 heaped tsp good quality Dijon mustard (1 per rack)
- 50g melted butter
- 2 tbsp olive oil
For the sauce
- 50g butter
- 100g shallots, peeled and diced
- 350g frozen peas
- 100ml good vegetable stock
- 2 tbsp freshly chopped mint
- 1 good tablespoon double cream
- Place one tablespoon of olive oil in a frying pan and heat. Seal the racks of lamb on all sides. Remove from the heat and place in a roasting tray.
- Mix the breadcrumbs and chopped herbs together with a little sea salt and black pepper. Spread each rack with 1 tsp of mustard and press plenty of the breadcrumb mix onto each rack. Melt the butter and the remaining olive oil and drizzle over the herb crusted meat. Place in a pre-heated oven, 180ºC/Gas mark 5, for 12 – 15 minutes. Turn the heat down to 160ºC/ Gas mark 3 and cook for further 5 – 6 minutes. Allow to rest for approximately 5 minutes and serve with the pea puree.
- For the sauce, melt the butter in a frying pan and add the shallots. Fry for 2 minutes. Remove from the heat then add the frozen peas and coat in the butter and shallot mixture. Add the vegetable stock. Bring to the boil and simmer for 3 minutes, remove from the heat and add the freshly chopped mint and the double cream. Place into a bowl and blend until chunky. Return to the pan and boil rapidly for a further minute reducing any excess liquid.
- To serve, arrange a bed of sauce on four plates and top with the racks of lamb.
PER SERVING (4) 604 kcalories, 34g protein, 23g carbohydrates, 42g fat, 23g saturated fat, 5g fibre, 4g sugar, 3.85g sodium.
Recipe courtesy of www.ukshallot.com
Latest posts by Sally - Silversurfer's Editor (see all)
- Don’t miss out on a fantastic Black Friday Weekend Offer at Silversurfers Shop - November 26, 2021
- 5 Festive films for a movie night to remember - November 25, 2021
- What to expect onboard from Emirates - November 25, 2021
- Hideaway in the Highlands with Black Sheep Hotels - November 18, 2021
- Why holiday lets are a good investment…and how to maximise your return - November 18, 2021