Herb Crusted Rack of Lamb with Pea, Mint and Shallot Sauce
This Herb Crusted Rack of Lamb with Pea, Mint and Shallot Sauce is a delicious and satisfying meal, perfect for special occasions.
Serves: 4 Prep Time: 15 minutes Cooking Time: 45 minutes
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 4 x 3 cutlet mini French trimmed racks of lamb
- 100g fine fresh breadcrumbs
- 1 tbsp chopped parsley
- 1 tbsp freshly chopped basil
- 1dsp freshly chopped rosemary
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 4 heaped tsp good quality Dijon mustard (1 per rack)
- 50g melted butter
- 2 tbsp olive oil
For the sauce
- 50g butter
- 100g shallots, peeled and diced
- 350g frozen peas
- 100ml good vegetable stock
- 2 tbsp freshly chopped mint
- 1 good tablespoon double cream
- Place one tablespoon of olive oil in a frying pan and heat. Seal the racks of lamb on all sides. Remove from the heat and place in a roasting tray.
- Mix the breadcrumbs and chopped herbs together with a little sea salt and black pepper. Spread each rack with 1 tsp of mustard and press plenty of the breadcrumb mix onto each rack. Melt the butter and the remaining olive oil and drizzle over the herb crusted meat. Place in a pre-heated oven, 180ºC/Gas mark 5, for 12 – 15 minutes. Turn the heat down to 160ºC/ Gas mark 3 and cook for further 5 – 6 minutes. Allow to rest for approximately 5 minutes and serve with the pea puree.
- For the sauce, melt the butter in a frying pan and add the shallots. Fry for 2 minutes. Remove from the heat then add the frozen peas and coat in the butter and shallot mixture. Add the vegetable stock. Bring to the boil and simmer for 3 minutes, remove from the heat and add the freshly chopped mint and the double cream. Place into a bowl and blend until chunky. Return to the pan and boil rapidly for a further minute reducing any excess liquid.
- To serve, arrange a bed of sauce on four plates and top with the racks of lamb.
PER SERVING (4) 604 kcalories, 34g protein, 23g carbohydrates, 42g fat, 23g saturated fat, 5g fibre, 4g sugar, 3.85g sodium.
Recipe courtesy of www.ukshallot.com
Latest posts by Sally - Silversurfer's Editor (see all)
- Be the ones to discover the undiscovered - September 14, 2018
- Rain or Shine - September 13, 2018
- 7 tips to improving your online dating profile - September 13, 2018
- How Much Does a Funeral Cost Where You Live? - September 13, 2018
- Unlock the value of your home with OneFamily Lifetime Mortgage Advice - September 13, 2018
Leave a Comment!
Community Terms & Conditions
These content standards apply to any and all material which you contribute to our site (contributions), and to any interactive services associated with it.
You must comply with the spirit of the following standards as well as the letter. The standards apply to each part of any contribution as well as to its whole.
be accurate (where they state facts); be genuinely held (where they state opinions); and comply with applicable law in the UK and in any country from which they are posted.
Contributions must not:
contain any material which is defamatory of any person; or contain any material which is obscene, offensive, hateful or inflammatory; or promote sexually explicit material; or promote violence; promote discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age; or infringe any copyright, database right or trade mark of any other person; or be likely to deceive any person; or be made in breach of any legal duty owed to a third party, such as a contractual duty or a duty of confidence; or promote any illegal activity; or be threatening, abuse or invade another’s privacy, or cause annoyance, inconvenience or needless anxiety; or be likely to harass, upset, embarrass, alarm or annoy any other person; or be used to impersonate any person, or to misrepresent your identity or affiliation with any person; or give the impression that they emanate from us, if this is not the case; or advocate, promote or assist any unlawful act such as (by way of example only) copyright infringement or computer misuse.
Nurturing a safe environment
Our Silversurfers community is designed to foster friendships, based on trust, honesty, integrity and loyalty and is underpinned by these values.
We don't tolerate swearing, and reserve the right to remove any posts which we feel may offend others... let's keep it friendly!