This healthy lemony mushroom and chicken pasta recipe is perfect for a weeknight dinner.
It’s quick and simple to make and is rich in flavour thanks to a zingy blend of garlic, lemon and chilli.
You can easily make this dish vegetarian, too – simply omit the chicken for a lighter pasta dish, perfect for summer.
- Two chicken breasts
- 275g chestnut mushrooms
- 180g fresh fettuccine
- Juice and zest of one lemon
- One clove of garlic
- 2tsp chilli flakes
- A good grating of parmesan
- 4tbsp of good olive oil
- 1tbsp chopped parsley
- Salt and pepper to season
- Preparation: Preheat oven to 200°C.
- Heat half the olive oil in a sauté pan, season the chicken and brown it all over. Add the garlic and mushrooms then sauté well, tossing around a little to mix.
- Put the pan in the oven and cook for about 20 minutes then remove and leave to rest.
- While the chicken is in the oven, bring a large pan of salted water to the boil and cook the pasta for about three to four minutes, until al dente
- Drain the fettuccine, put back in the pan and then add the remaining olive oil, chilli flakes and lemon zest and juice and stir well.
- Add the chicken, garlic and mushrooms, stir well, add the parsley and check the seasoning.
- Serve and add parmesan to taste.
Recipe courtesy of Just Add Mushrooms