Lemony Mushroom and Chicken Pasta
This healthy lemony mushroom and chicken pasta recipe is perfect for a weeknight dinner.
It’s quick and simple to make and is rich in flavour thanks to a zingy blend of garlic, lemon and chilli.
You can easily make this dish vegetarian, too – simply omit the chicken for a lighter pasta dish.
- Two chicken breasts
- 275g chestnut mushrooms
- 180g fresh fettuccine
- Juice and zest of one lemon
- One clove of garlic
- 2tsp chilli flakes
- A good grating of parmesan
- 4tbsp of good olive oil
- 1tbsp chopped parsley
- Salt and pepper to season
- Preparation: Preheat oven to 200°C.
- Heat half the olive oil in a sauté pan, season the chicken and brown it all over. Add the garlic and mushrooms then sauté well, tossing around a little to mix.
- Put the pan in the oven and cook for about 20 minutes then remove and leave to rest.
- While the chicken is in the oven, bring a large pan of salted water to the boil and cook the pasta for about three to four minutes, until al dente
- Drain the fettuccine, put back in the pan and then add the remaining olive oil, chilli flakes and lemon zest and juice and stir well.
- Add the chicken, garlic and mushrooms, stir well, add the parsley and check the seasoning.
- Serve and add parmesan to taste.
Recipe courtesy of Just Add Mushrooms
Silversurfers Features Editor
Latest posts by Silversurfers Features Editor (see all)
- Carole King’s biggest hits - February 21, 2017
- More free online colouring pages - February 20, 2017
- Blueberry Quinoa Salad - February 17, 2017
- Clever uses for bicarbonate of soda - February 16, 2017
- Small adjustments that make a big impact on eating habits - February 15, 2017
Leave a Comment!
Community Terms & Conditions
These content standards apply to any and all material which you contribute to our site (contributions), and to any interactive services associated with it.
You must comply with the spirit of the following standards as well as the letter. The standards apply to each part of any contribution as well as to its whole.
be accurate (where they state facts); be genuinely held (where they state opinions); and comply with applicable law in the UK and in any country from which they are posted.
Contributions must not:
contain any material which is defamatory of any person; or contain any material which is obscene, offensive, hateful or inflammatory; or promote sexually explicit material; or promote violence; promote discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age; or infringe any copyright, database right or trade mark of any other person; or be likely to deceive any person; or be made in breach of any legal duty owed to a third party, such as a contractual duty or a duty of confidence; or promote any illegal activity; or be threatening, abuse or invade another’s privacy, or cause annoyance, inconvenience or needless anxiety; or be likely to harass, upset, embarrass, alarm or annoy any other person; or be used to impersonate any person, or to misrepresent your identity or affiliation with any person; or give the impression that they emanate from us, if this is not the case; or advocate, promote or assist any unlawful act such as (by way of example only) copyright infringement or computer misuse.
Nurturing a safe environment
Our Silversurfers community is designed to foster friendships, based on trust, honesty, integrity and loyalty and is underpinned by these values.
We don't tolerate swearing, and reserve the right to remove any posts which we feel may offend others... let's keep it friendly!