Piri-Piri Chicken Burgers
Add a spicy kick to your dinner with this quick and delicious recipe for Piri-piri chicken burgers.
Together with the smooth and creamy mayo and avocado, you get a beautiful balance of flavour that’s got just the right amount of spice.
Serves: 2 Prep time: 10 minutes plus marinating Cook time: 20 minutes
- 2 chicken breasts, skinless
- 1tbs + 1tsp Piri-piri seasoning mix
- 1 lime
- 2 tbsp oil
- 4 spring onions, 2 finely chopped and 2 cut into strips
- 2 tbsp mayonnaise
- ½ avocado
- ½ little gem lettuce
- 2 burger buns
- Cover the chicken breasts with a sheet of cling film and bash the thickest part with a rolling pin. Ideally the breast will be a similar thickness all over so it cooks evenly. Mix together 1 tbsp of the Piri-piri seasoning mix, the juice of half the lime, the oil and the finely chopped spring onions to make a marinade. Pour this over the chicken and leave to marinate overnight or for as long as possible.
- The chicken can be cooked on the BBQ, in a griddle pan or grilled. Whichever way you do it, cook on a medium heat for 10-15 minutes, turning regularly. It should be charred on the outside and juicy but cooked in the middle.
- While the chicken is cooking, mix together the remaining Piri-piri seasoning and the mayonnaise. Slice the avocado and dress with lime juice and a good pinch of salt. Tear the Little Gem leaves and toast the buns.
- Lay the Little Gem leaves on the bottom half of each bun, lay the cooked chicken breast on top, add a dollop of Piri-piri mayonnaise and top with the spring onion strips, slices of avocado before topping with the bun lid.
Note: You can buy spicy or mild Piri-piri seasoning blends, choose whichever suits your taste.
Recipe courtesy of www.lovethecrunch.com
Rachel - Silversurfers Assistant Editor
Latest posts by Rachel - Silversurfers Assistant Editor (see all)
- Fish Tacos with Cherry Salsa - September 13, 2019
- Clever uses for window spray - September 11, 2019
- Keep your blood pressure in check for Know Your Numbers Week - September 11, 2019
- Guacamole 3 ways - September 10, 2019
- Appreciate nature’s wonders with bird watching - September 9, 2019
Leave a Comment!
Community Terms & Conditions
These content standards apply to any and all material which you contribute to our site (contributions), and to any interactive services associated with it.
You must comply with the spirit of the following standards as well as the letter. The standards apply to each part of any contribution as well as to its whole.
be accurate (where they state facts); be genuinely held (where they state opinions); and comply with applicable law in the UK and in any country from which they are posted.
Contributions must not:
contain any material which is defamatory of any person; or contain any material which is obscene, offensive, hateful or inflammatory; or promote sexually explicit material; or promote violence; promote discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age; or infringe any copyright, database right or trade mark of any other person; or be likely to deceive any person; or be made in breach of any legal duty owed to a third party, such as a contractual duty or a duty of confidence; or promote any illegal activity; or be threatening, abuse or invade another’s privacy, or cause annoyance, inconvenience or needless anxiety; or be likely to harass, upset, embarrass, alarm or annoy any other person; or be used to impersonate any person, or to misrepresent your identity or affiliation with any person; or give the impression that they emanate from us, if this is not the case; or advocate, promote or assist any unlawful act such as (by way of example only) copyright infringement or computer misuse.
Nurturing a safe environment
Our Silversurfers community is designed to foster friendships, based on trust, honesty, integrity and loyalty and is underpinned by these values.
We don't tolerate swearing, and reserve the right to remove any posts which we feel may offend others... let's keep it friendly!