Roasted Sausage in a Honey and Soy Glaze
Sweet, savoury and simple to make, this recipe is perfect for a mid-week supper.
The moreish glaze pairs beautifully with the sausage and shallots, and when served up with mashed potato makes for the ultimate comfort food.
Serves: 4 Prep time: 10 minutes Cooking time: 30-40 minutes
- 8 good quality pork sausages
- 16 shallots, peeled
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 3 tbsps runny honey
- 3 tbsps soy sauce
- 2 tbsps flaked almonds (optional)
- 200g cherry tomatoes on the vine
- 1 bag of watercress for serving
- Pre heat oven 200c /180c fan /gas 4. Place the sausages and shallots in a roasting tin, add the oil and turn until lightly coated.
- Cook in the oven for 10 minutes, drain away any excess fat, turn the sausages and shallots, drizzle over the soy sauce and honey.
- Continue to cook for another 10 minutes, turn the sausages and shallots in the sauce then sprinkle over the almonds and add the cherry tomatoes, cook for another 10 minutes, or slightly longer until the sauce is sticky and the almonds lightly golden.
- Scatter with watercress and serve with creamy mashed potato.
Recipe courtesy of www.ukshallot.com
Silversurfer's Assistant Editor
Latest posts by Silversurfer's Assistant Editor (see all)
- Asparagus, spinach & avocado salad with crunchy spiced oats - June 20, 2018
- Lifelong gift ideas for grandchildren - June 18, 2018
- Silversurfers Book Club Summer 2018 - June 18, 2018
- One pan sausage meatball roast - June 15, 2018
- Father’s Day Playlist - June 14, 2018
Leave a Comment!
Community Terms & Conditions
These content standards apply to any and all material which you contribute to our site (contributions), and to any interactive services associated with it.
You must comply with the spirit of the following standards as well as the letter. The standards apply to each part of any contribution as well as to its whole.
be accurate (where they state facts); be genuinely held (where they state opinions); and comply with applicable law in the UK and in any country from which they are posted.
Contributions must not:
contain any material which is defamatory of any person; or contain any material which is obscene, offensive, hateful or inflammatory; or promote sexually explicit material; or promote violence; promote discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age; or infringe any copyright, database right or trade mark of any other person; or be likely to deceive any person; or be made in breach of any legal duty owed to a third party, such as a contractual duty or a duty of confidence; or promote any illegal activity; or be threatening, abuse or invade another’s privacy, or cause annoyance, inconvenience or needless anxiety; or be likely to harass, upset, embarrass, alarm or annoy any other person; or be used to impersonate any person, or to misrepresent your identity or affiliation with any person; or give the impression that they emanate from us, if this is not the case; or advocate, promote or assist any unlawful act such as (by way of example only) copyright infringement or computer misuse.
Nurturing a safe environment
Our Silversurfers community is designed to foster friendships, based on trust, honesty, integrity and loyalty and is underpinned by these values.
We don't tolerate swearing, and reserve the right to remove any posts which we feel may offend others... let's keep it friendly!