Rolled pork loin with blackberry, lemon and dried apricot stuffing
This beautiful pork loin is a brilliant recipe for when you’re serving up Sunday lunch for family or friends.
The apricot stuffing and blackberry sauce help put a sophisticated spin on a classic dish, too.
serves: 4-6 prep time: 15 minutes cook time: 2 hours
for the pork loin
- 2 kilos pork loin with crackling, boned and butterflied flat
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 small onion diced
- 1 tbsp each fresh thyme and rosemary chopped
- 30g fresh soft breadcrumbs
- 8 soft dried apricots halved
- 12 blackberries
- zest of 1 lemon
for the blackberry sauce
- 2 tbsps plain flour
- 150g blackberries
- 150ml red wine
- 100ml beef stock
- 1 tbsp worcestershire sauce
- 2 tbsps maple syrup
- Preheat oven to 240c/220c fan assisted. In a small frying pan, heat the olive oil. Saute the onion and thyme with a little salt and pepper. Cook on medium heat for 5 minutes and pour into a medium bowl. Add the breadcrumbs, apricots, blackberries and lemon. Season again and mix well.
- Spread the meat out on a board and spread the stuffing down the centre of the roast. Roll the sides over so it forms a round joint. Secure with string tied in knots. Place on a baking tray lined with foil.
- Roast for 30 minutes and then reduce the heat to 160c/140 fan assisted. Cook for 1 hour 30 minutes and then remove. Let rest under foil for 10 minutes.
- Drain most of the oil out of the baking tray, saving 2 tbsps. Place on the hob on medium heat. When the oil is hot, whisk the flour in and stir constantly for 1 minute. Pour in the red wine, blackberries, worcestershire sauce and the maple syrup. Bring to a boil and keep whisking until the gravy is thick. Remove from heat, season with salt and pepper and pour into a jug.
- Thickly slice the meat and serve with the blackberry gravy.
Rachel - Silversurfers Assistant Editor
Latest posts by Rachel - Silversurfers Assistant Editor (see all)
Leave a Comment!
Community Terms & Conditions
These content standards apply to any and all material which you contribute to our site (contributions), and to any interactive services associated with it.
You must comply with the spirit of the following standards as well as the letter. The standards apply to each part of any contribution as well as to its whole.
be accurate (where they state facts); be genuinely held (where they state opinions); and comply with applicable law in the UK and in any country from which they are posted.
Contributions must not:
contain any material which is defamatory of any person; or contain any material which is obscene, offensive, hateful or inflammatory; or promote sexually explicit material; or promote violence; promote discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age; or infringe any copyright, database right or trade mark of any other person; or be likely to deceive any person; or be made in breach of any legal duty owed to a third party, such as a contractual duty or a duty of confidence; or promote any illegal activity; or be threatening, abuse or invade another’s privacy, or cause annoyance, inconvenience or needless anxiety; or be likely to harass, upset, embarrass, alarm or annoy any other person; or be used to impersonate any person, or to misrepresent your identity or affiliation with any person; or give the impression that they emanate from us, if this is not the case; or advocate, promote or assist any unlawful act such as (by way of example only) copyright infringement or computer misuse.
Nurturing a safe environment
Our Silversurfers community is designed to foster friendships, based on trust, honesty, integrity and loyalty and is underpinned by these values.
We don't tolerate swearing, and reserve the right to remove any posts which we feel may offend others... let's keep it friendly!