Satay Chicken in Baby Gem Lettuce Cups
Perfect for summer party canapés or on their own as a light lunch, these satay chicken cups are as healthy as they are delicious.
The rich, nutty flavour of the satay chicken is perfectly satisfying, while light gem lettuce cups mean it’s a great nutritious option, too.
Makes: 15 Prep time: 10 minutes Cook time: 10 minutes
- 2 Baby Gem lettuce
- 2tsp nut oil
- 8 spring onions, 6 finely sliced, 2 reserved
- for decoration
- 1-2tsp curry powder
- 2 tbsp crunchy peanut butter
- 200g cooked chicken, torn into bite sized pieces
- 80g baby corn cut into ½ cm disks
- 160ml chicken stock
- 50g creamed coconut (or 1 sachet)
- 2tsp soy sauce
- 200g cooked brown rice
- Small bunch of coriander
- 1 lime cut in wedges
- In a heavy bottom pan heat the oil and gently cook the sliced spring onions for 2 minutes.
- Add the curry powder and peanut butter, cook stirring for 1 min until fragrant then add the chicken and baby corn. Stir to coat with the paste.
- Pour in the stock, coconut milk and soy, stir and cook for 10 minutes. If the satay becomes too thick add a little more stock.
- While the satay is cooking, slice the two remaining spring onions then tear the leaves from the lettuce and arrange on a serving plate.
- When the satay is ready, spoon a little cooked rice into each lettuce leaf then top with satay, scatter with the spring onions, coriander leaves and squeeze over a few wedges of lime.
Recipe courtesy of Make More of Salad