Satay Chicken in Baby Gem Lettuce Cups
Perfect for summer party canapés or on their own as a light lunch, these satay chicken cups are as healthy as they are delicious.
The rich, nutty flavour of the satay chicken is perfectly satisfying, while light gem lettuce cups mean it’s a great nutritious option, too.
Makes: 15 Prep time: 10 minutes Cook time: 10 minutes
- 2 Baby Gem lettuce
- 2tsp nut oil
- 8 spring onions, 6 finely sliced, 2 reserved
- for decoration
- 1-2tsp curry powder
- 2 tbsp crunchy peanut butter
- 200g cooked chicken, torn into bite sized pieces
- 80g baby corn cut into ½ cm disks
- 160ml chicken stock
- 50g creamed coconut (or 1 sachet)
- 2tsp soy sauce
- 200g cooked brown rice
- Small bunch of coriander
- 1 lime cut in wedges
- In a heavy bottom pan heat the oil and gently cook the sliced spring onions for 2 minutes.
- Add the curry powder and peanut butter, cook stirring for 1 min until fragrant then add the chicken and baby corn. Stir to coat with the paste.
- Pour in the stock, coconut milk and soy, stir and cook for 10 minutes. If the satay becomes too thick add a little more stock.
- While the satay is cooking, slice the two remaining spring onions then tear the leaves from the lettuce and arrange on a serving plate.
- When the satay is ready, spoon a little cooked rice into each lettuce leaf then top with satay, scatter with the spring onions, coriander leaves and squeeze over a few wedges of lime.
Recipe courtesy of Make More of Salad
Rachel - Silversurfers Assistant Editor
Latest posts by Rachel - Silversurfers Assistant Editor (see all)
Leave a Comment!
Community Terms & Conditions
These content standards apply to any and all material which you contribute to our site (contributions), and to any interactive services associated with it.
You must comply with the spirit of the following standards as well as the letter. The standards apply to each part of any contribution as well as to its whole.
be accurate (where they state facts); be genuinely held (where they state opinions); and comply with applicable law in the UK and in any country from which they are posted.
Contributions must not:
contain any material which is defamatory of any person; or contain any material which is obscene, offensive, hateful or inflammatory; or promote sexually explicit material; or promote violence; promote discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age; or infringe any copyright, database right or trade mark of any other person; or be likely to deceive any person; or be made in breach of any legal duty owed to a third party, such as a contractual duty or a duty of confidence; or promote any illegal activity; or be threatening, abuse or invade another’s privacy, or cause annoyance, inconvenience or needless anxiety; or be likely to harass, upset, embarrass, alarm or annoy any other person; or be used to impersonate any person, or to misrepresent your identity or affiliation with any person; or give the impression that they emanate from us, if this is not the case; or advocate, promote or assist any unlawful act such as (by way of example only) copyright infringement or computer misuse.
Nurturing a safe environment
Our Silversurfers community is designed to foster friendships, based on trust, honesty, integrity and loyalty and is underpinned by these values.
We don't tolerate swearing, and reserve the right to remove any posts which we feel may offend others... let's keep it friendly!