Sausage and Leek Casserole with Chive Mash
There is nothing like a bit of comfort food to keep you warm and satisfied when the weather is cold.
This Sausage and Leek Casserole with Chive Mash does just the job!
Prep 10 minutes
Cook 30 minutes
Cost £6 (for four)
3 tbsp olive oil
8 pork sausages
1 Spanish onion sliced
200g sliced leeks
4 cloves garlic sliced
2 sticks celery sliced
Small bunch of sage leaves, picked
200ml white wine
400ml chicken stock
2 bay leaves
Salt and cracked black pepper
Small bunch flat leaf parsley, chopped
For the mash…
800g potatoes peeled and cut into 4
300ml full fat milk
Salt and cracked white pepper
1 bunch of chives finely chopped
- Preheat oven to 180ºC / 350ºF
- Fry the sausages in a casserole dish until golden brown, remove with a slotted spoon. You may need to do this in two batches
- Add the onions, leeks, garlic, celery and sage and cook until the mix starts to brown slightly
- Add the wine, stock, passata and bay leaves and then season with salt and pepper
- Add the sausages back in
- Put the lid on and cook in the oven for 20 minutes
- Meanwhile, place your potatoes in a medium sized pan, cover with water and bring to the boil. Simmer gently until cooked. About 20 minutes
- Once cooked, drain and mash the potatoes and add the butter and milk. Stir over a low heat until the butter has melted and the mash is piping hot. Season and add the chives. Set aside
- Remove the casserole from oven, stir in chopped parsley and serve with the mash
Recipe by: British Leeks
Latest posts by Silversurfer's Editor (see all)
- Peter’s Gardening tips for August 2017 - July 26, 2017
- Have you encountered casual ageism? - July 26, 2017
- Role of Grandparent – Disciplinarian or Fun Maker? - July 26, 2017
- Introducing Susie’s Snappy Swimsuit! - July 25, 2017
- Win ONE of TEN copies of Our Summer Together by Fanny Blake! - July 24, 2017
Leave a Comment!
Community Terms & Conditions
These content standards apply to any and all material which you contribute to our site (contributions), and to any interactive services associated with it.
You must comply with the spirit of the following standards as well as the letter. The standards apply to each part of any contribution as well as to its whole.
be accurate (where they state facts); be genuinely held (where they state opinions); and comply with applicable law in the UK and in any country from which they are posted.
Contributions must not:
contain any material which is defamatory of any person; or contain any material which is obscene, offensive, hateful or inflammatory; or promote sexually explicit material; or promote violence; promote discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age; or infringe any copyright, database right or trade mark of any other person; or be likely to deceive any person; or be made in breach of any legal duty owed to a third party, such as a contractual duty or a duty of confidence; or promote any illegal activity; or be threatening, abuse or invade another’s privacy, or cause annoyance, inconvenience or needless anxiety; or be likely to harass, upset, embarrass, alarm or annoy any other person; or be used to impersonate any person, or to misrepresent your identity or affiliation with any person; or give the impression that they emanate from us, if this is not the case; or advocate, promote or assist any unlawful act such as (by way of example only) copyright infringement or computer misuse.
Nurturing a safe environment
Our Silversurfers community is designed to foster friendships, based on trust, honesty, integrity and loyalty and is underpinned by these values.
We don't tolerate swearing, and reserve the right to remove any posts which we feel may offend others... let's keep it friendly!