Wow-the-crowd Bangers For Bonfire Night
If you’re planning a bonfire or fireworks display, here’s a display of delicious sausage recipe ideas to light up your table as well as the sky. Feel free to swap out the bangers we’ve suggested with your favourite variety and enjoy a wonderfully warming meal at your Guy Fawkes gathering.
Cumberland Sausage Traybake
A real crowd-pleaser, this traybake is ideal for when you’re feeding the family or a group of friends. You can use apples instead of pears if you like and pack in any extra vegetables you like.
- 1 pack Cumberland sausages
- 1 kg baby potatoes
- 450g carrots, peeled and sliced on the diagonal
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 red onions, peeled and cut into wedges
- 2 Conference pears, peeled, quartered and cored
- ½ jar honey mustard sauce
- 4 sprigs fresh thyme
How to make it:
- Heat the oven to 200°C/180°C Fan/Gas 6.
- Mix the pack of sausages, the potatoes and the carrots with 1 tbsp of the olive oil and then arrange in a large roasting pan.
- Bake in the oven for 15 minutes. Remove from the oven and toss well.
- Toss the red onion and pear quarters in the remaining oil and add to the pan. Spread the ingredients so there’s an even mix across the pan.
- Drizzle the sauce over and return to the oven for 20-25 minutes until cooked through, bubbling and golden.
- Serve hot, garnished with fresh thyme sprigs (optional).
This one is great for warming everyone up during your Bonfire Night celebrations – either before you head out for the fireworks or as a satisfying supper afterwards.
- 10 sausages, thick, good quality
- 50ml olive oil
- 1 red onion
- 1 red pepper
- 1 yellow pepper
- 200g cherry tomatoes
- 2 garlic cloves
- 250g sweet potatoes
- 1 tin chopped tomatoes
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1 tsp fennel seeds
- 1 tbsp fresh basil
- 2 tbsp fresh thyme
- 1 tbsp fresh rosemary
- 1½ tbsp plain flour
How to make it:
- Preheat the oven to 160 degrees.
- Prepare the vegetables. Finely chop the onion, slice the peppers (approx. 20mm slices), crush the garlic, peel and dice the sweet potato and halve the cherry tomatoes.
- Next, prepare the herbs. Strip and chop the rosemary and thyme.
- Fry the sausages in a little oil, in a pan, until well browned.
- Meanwhile, in a casserole dish, sauté the onions, fennel and garlic in oil for 5 minutes without allowing to brown.
- Add the chopped rosemary, thyme and peppers to the casserole dish.
- Add the tinned tomatoes along with approx. half a tin of cold water. Bring to the boil then simmer.
- Cover tightly and place in the oven for 1 hour at 160 degrees.
- When the time is up, remove from oven and add the cherry tomatoes and sweet potato. Cover and cook for a further 30 minutes.
- Remove the casserole from oven and stir in oregano and torn basil.
- Season to taste and tuck in.
Latest posts by Morrisons (see all)
- 3 ‘Wonky’ One Pot Recipes - January 21, 2019
- January Root Vegetable Recipes - January 4, 2019
- Pointers for your parsnips - November 30, 2018
- A tasty side order of red cabbage coleslaw ideas - November 19, 2018
- Why you need to start making your Christmas Cake now - November 13, 2018
Leave a Comment!
Community Terms & Conditions
These content standards apply to any and all material which you contribute to our site (contributions), and to any interactive services associated with it.
You must comply with the spirit of the following standards as well as the letter. The standards apply to each part of any contribution as well as to its whole.
be accurate (where they state facts); be genuinely held (where they state opinions); and comply with applicable law in the UK and in any country from which they are posted.
Contributions must not:
contain any material which is defamatory of any person; or contain any material which is obscene, offensive, hateful or inflammatory; or promote sexually explicit material; or promote violence; promote discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age; or infringe any copyright, database right or trade mark of any other person; or be likely to deceive any person; or be made in breach of any legal duty owed to a third party, such as a contractual duty or a duty of confidence; or promote any illegal activity; or be threatening, abuse or invade another’s privacy, or cause annoyance, inconvenience or needless anxiety; or be likely to harass, upset, embarrass, alarm or annoy any other person; or be used to impersonate any person, or to misrepresent your identity or affiliation with any person; or give the impression that they emanate from us, if this is not the case; or advocate, promote or assist any unlawful act such as (by way of example only) copyright infringement or computer misuse.
Nurturing a safe environment
Our Silversurfers community is designed to foster friendships, based on trust, honesty, integrity and loyalty and is underpinned by these values.
We don't tolerate swearing, and reserve the right to remove any posts which we feel may offend others... let's keep it friendly!