Mixed Berries Mulled Wine
This is a mouth-watering alternative to traditional mulled wine, which is usually enjoyed during the Christmas period. Why not enjoy this warming festive drink round a roaring fire with friends.
1 large orange
125g / 4 ½ oz caster sugar
2 cinnamon sticks
¼ tsp freshly grated nutmeg
1 vanilla pod, halved lengthways
2 bottles red wine
50ml / 2floz brandy
200g / 7oz mixed berries
WHAT TO DO:
Pare the zest off the orange in thin strips and squeeze the juice. Place the orange zest and juice in a large saucepan with the sugar, spices and vanilla pod. Add just enough red wine to cover the ingredients. Heat gently, stirring, until the sugar has dissolved. Bring to the boil and boil rapidly until the wine has reduced and become syrupy.
Add the rest of the wine, brandy and the mixed berries. Gently simmer for two minutes, do not boil. Serve in heatproof glasses.
Recipe from www.seasonalberries.co.uk/
Latest posts by Sally - Silversurfer's Editor (see all)
- Win a free pair of shoes from Hotter worth £129 - August 1, 2021
- Win ONE of THREE copies of Life in Colour with David Attenborough on DVD! - August 1, 2021
- Win ONE of TEN Allium Superglobe mix bundles! - July 31, 2021
- How to Sell Your Car for the Best Price - July 28, 2021
- Advice for expats heading home - July 28, 2021