Muffin tin frittatas with shallots, roast potatoes, turkey and peas
These delicious frittatas incorporate some of the flavours of the season and are perfect for a lunchbox.
Try serving them after Christmas and make using leftovers when you’re reading to wind down on all the festive indulgence.
Makes: 6 Prep time: 10 minutes Cook time: 30-35 minutes
- 150g roast potatoes, quartered
- 3 shallots, sliced into chunky rings
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- a pinch of dried herbs
- 5 eggs
- 30g freshly grated parmesan
- a handful of frozen peas
- 120g cooked turkey, chopped
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
You will also need a 6 hole muffin tin.
What to do
- Preheat the oven to 180°C fan.
- Tip the shallots into a small roasting tin. Sprinkle over the herbs and season well with salt and pepper. Drizzle over half the olive oil, tossing to cover the potatoes and slide into the oven to roast for 15-20 minutes, stirring half way through cooking, until they are just cooked through.
- Lightly beat the eggs in a jug then stir through two thirds of the parmesan and set aside.
- A few minutes before the potato and shallot are due out the oven, drizzle the rest of the olive oil into the holes of the muffin tin and brush well all over. Slide into the oven to heat up.
- Remove the hot tin and the shallots from the oven. Quickly pour the egg mixture into the holes of the muffin tin, whilst the oil is still hot (this will help prevent sticking). Then divide the roast vegetables evenly between, spooning them in gently.
- Finally gently scatter over the peas and turkey, so the egg doesn’t spill out, they will be quite full. Sprinkle over the reserved parmesan.
- Slide the tin into the oven and bake for about 12 minutes until the egg has just set.
- When removed from the oven allow to cool in the tin for a few minutes or so, then slide a knife around to release.
- Serve warm or leave to cool to room temperature before storing in the fridge.
Recipe courtesy of www.ukshallot.com
Rachel - Silversurfers Assistant Editor
Latest posts by Rachel - Silversurfers Assistant Editor (see all)
- Clever uses for cotton wool balls - July 15, 2019
- Clever uses for nail varnish remover - July 15, 2019
- Mixed Berry Cheesecake - July 14, 2019
- What’s the best classic frozen treat? - July 12, 2019
- 10 surprising things you can clean in the dishwasher - July 11, 2019
Leave a Comment!
Community Terms & Conditions
These content standards apply to any and all material which you contribute to our site (contributions), and to any interactive services associated with it.
You must comply with the spirit of the following standards as well as the letter. The standards apply to each part of any contribution as well as to its whole.
be accurate (where they state facts); be genuinely held (where they state opinions); and comply with applicable law in the UK and in any country from which they are posted.
Contributions must not:
contain any material which is defamatory of any person; or contain any material which is obscene, offensive, hateful or inflammatory; or promote sexually explicit material; or promote violence; promote discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age; or infringe any copyright, database right or trade mark of any other person; or be likely to deceive any person; or be made in breach of any legal duty owed to a third party, such as a contractual duty or a duty of confidence; or promote any illegal activity; or be threatening, abuse or invade another’s privacy, or cause annoyance, inconvenience or needless anxiety; or be likely to harass, upset, embarrass, alarm or annoy any other person; or be used to impersonate any person, or to misrepresent your identity or affiliation with any person; or give the impression that they emanate from us, if this is not the case; or advocate, promote or assist any unlawful act such as (by way of example only) copyright infringement or computer misuse.
Nurturing a safe environment
Our Silversurfers community is designed to foster friendships, based on trust, honesty, integrity and loyalty and is underpinned by these values.
We don't tolerate swearing, and reserve the right to remove any posts which we feel may offend others... let's keep it friendly!