Overnight Oats with Raspberry Chia Jam
Overnight oats are perfect for people with no time to spare in the mornings.
They’re delicious and will keep in the fridge for a few days if you want to make a larger batch. Add variety with different fruits or cinnamon and maple syrup.
Serves: 1 with plenty of jam left over
Prep time: 10 minutes plus overnight soaking
Cook time: 30 minutes
For the jam
- 500g raspberries
- 4-5 tbsp agave or maple syrup, to taste
- 3 tbsp chia seeds
- 1tsp lemon juice
For the oats
- 2tsp agave or maple syrup
- 120ml almond milk (or any other milk you choose)
- ½ vanilla pod, scraped
- 1tbsp almond butter
- A small handful of raspberries plus extra
- to serve
- 6 tbsp rolled oats
- To make Chia jam, combine the fruit with Maple Syrup, to taste, and gently simmer for 10 minutes. Add a pinch of salt and the Chia seeds and lemon juice, stir well and continue to cook for 10 minutes until thickened. Chill in the fridge for at least 2 hours.
- To make the overnight oats, mix together the syrup and almond milk then combine the vanilla seeds and almond butter. Roughly mash in the raspberries and tip over the oats, stir well, cover and leave to soak overnight. (Or at least for 2 hrs)
- In the morning layer the oats and some of the jam into a jar or swirl in a bowl and top with extra raspberries.
Recipe courtesy of BerryWorld
Silversurfer's Assistant Editor
Latest posts by Silversurfer's Assistant Editor (see all)
Leave a Comment!
Community Terms & Conditions
These content standards apply to any and all material which you contribute to our site (contributions), and to any interactive services associated with it.
You must comply with the spirit of the following standards as well as the letter. The standards apply to each part of any contribution as well as to its whole.
be accurate (where they state facts); be genuinely held (where they state opinions); and comply with applicable law in the UK and in any country from which they are posted.
Contributions must not:
contain any material which is defamatory of any person; or contain any material which is obscene, offensive, hateful or inflammatory; or promote sexually explicit material; or promote violence; promote discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age; or infringe any copyright, database right or trade mark of any other person; or be likely to deceive any person; or be made in breach of any legal duty owed to a third party, such as a contractual duty or a duty of confidence; or promote any illegal activity; or be threatening, abuse or invade another’s privacy, or cause annoyance, inconvenience or needless anxiety; or be likely to harass, upset, embarrass, alarm or annoy any other person; or be used to impersonate any person, or to misrepresent your identity or affiliation with any person; or give the impression that they emanate from us, if this is not the case; or advocate, promote or assist any unlawful act such as (by way of example only) copyright infringement or computer misuse.
Nurturing a safe environment
Our Silversurfers community is designed to foster friendships, based on trust, honesty, integrity and loyalty and is underpinned by these values.
We don't tolerate swearing, and reserve the right to remove any posts which we feel may offend others... let's keep it friendly!