Overnight Oats with Raspberry Chia Jam
Overnight oats are perfect for people with no time to spare in the mornings.
They’re delicious and will keep in the fridge for a few days if you want to make a larger batch. Add variety with different fruits or cinnamon and maple syrup.
Serves: 1 with plenty of jam left over
Prep time: 10 minutes plus overnight soaking
Cook time: 30 minutes
For the jam
- 500g raspberries
- 4-5 tbsp agave or maple syrup, to taste
- 3 tbsp chia seeds
- 1tsp lemon juice
For the oats
- 2tsp agave or maple syrup
- 120ml almond milk (or any other milk you choose)
- ½ vanilla pod, scraped
- 1tbsp almond butter
- A small handful of raspberries plus extra
- to serve
- 6 tbsp rolled oats
- To make Chia jam, combine the fruit with Maple Syrup, to taste, and gently simmer for 10 minutes. Add a pinch of salt and the Chia seeds and lemon juice, stir well and continue to cook for 10 minutes until thickened. Chill in the fridge for at least 2 hours.
- To make the overnight oats, mix together the syrup and almond milk then combine the vanilla seeds and almond butter. Roughly mash in the raspberries and tip over the oats, stir well, cover and leave to soak overnight. (Or at least for 2 hrs)
- In the morning layer the oats and some of the jam into a jar or swirl in a bowl and top with extra raspberries.
Recipe courtesy of BerryWorld