Fancy making pancakes for breakfast this Shrove Tuesday?
Serves 4, makes 12 small pancakes
Preparation time: 5 minutes
Cooking time: 15 minutes
250g plain cooked (vacuum packed) beetroot, drained
225g plain flour
2 large eggs, lightly beaten
30g butter, melted & cooled
1tbsp baking powder
1 tsp sugar
Sunflower oil for shallow frying
12 rashers smoked streaky bacon, cooked crisply
Maple syrup, to taste
4 eggs, fried
What to do:
Place all the ingredients in a food processor and blitz until smooth.
Heat a little oil in a large frying pan. Pour ladles of the batter into the pan and cook until you start to see little bubbles on the surface – this will take a minute or two.
Using a fish slice flip over the pancakes and cook for a further minute or so. Transfer to a warm plate and cover tightly with foil. Continue until you have used all the batter.
Serve hot with the eggs, bacon and plenty of maple syrup.
Recipe by: www.lovebeetroot.co.uk
For more delicious recipes click here ←
Latest posts by Silversurfers Editor (see all)
- Sunrise at Avebury stone circle Wiltshire by Paul Giles - December 8, 2016
- A review of Internet Privacy - December 8, 2016
- Sunset at Cley windmill by Pauline Goldsworthy - December 7, 2016
- Do you boil your Brussels? - December 6, 2016
- ‘Green Woodpecker’ by Deanna Skelding - December 6, 2016