Scotch pancakes are more like the American style pancakes and are also known as drop scones in Scotland.
This delightful combo will have the whole family asking for more. Viva strawberries are at their best in February and are the perfect strawberry for Pancake Day.
Cooking time: 30 minutes
Preparation time: 10 minutes
You will need:
16 Viva! Strawberries sliced
1½ tsp baking powder
60g unsalted butter, at room temperature
½ tsp cinnamon
What to do:
1. Beat together the butter, cinnamon and sugar. Dollop it into a saucepan and melt over a medium heat. When the butter starts to froth add the strawberries, toss well in the butter and turn off the heat.
2. Whisk together the flour, baking powder, egg, and milk until smooth. Heat a heavy based, non-stick frying pan or bake stone and grease with a little oil. Pour small amounts of batter into the frying pan (about 2 tbsp per pancake), once the top has bubbled and dried flip the pancake and cook the other side till golden. Keep warm whilst you make the rest of the batter
3. Reheat the strawberries gently while you arrange the pancakes. Place a pancake on each serving plate and spread with mascapone then arrange some sliced strawberries on top. Repeat this layering until all the pancakes are used up. Top the stack with any remaining strawberry slices and drizzle over the melted cinnamon butter.
Recipe by: www.vivastrawberries.com
Latest posts by Silversurfers Editor (see all)
- Regain control over your electric heating with Dimplex Quantum - October 24, 2016
- Worried about retirement choices? - October 24, 2016
- Why does our hearing deteriorate as we get older? - October 24, 2016
- Something to sing about, by Janice Wilkinson - October 22, 2016
- By Ron Adams - October 22, 2016