Patatas Bravas with Shallots, New Potatoes and Chorizo
Bring a delicious new combination of flavours and textures to your table with this patatas bravas recipe.
The smoky paprika, tender roasted shallots and new potatoes make this an easy and inexpensive crowd pleaser – perfect for a family dinner or no fuss mid-week meal.
Serves: 4 Preparation time: 15 minutes Cooking time: 30 minutes
- 20 shallots, peeled
- 750g new potatoes, washed and halved
- 100g chorizo, cut into chunky pieces
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1-2 tsps smoked paprika
- 1 tbsp parsley, finely chopped.
- 1 x 350g tub ready-made tomato and chilli sauce
- Greek yoghurt, to serve
What to do
- Pre heat oven 200c / 180c fan / Gas 6.
- Place the shallots, new potatoes and chorizo onto a roasting tray or in an oven-proof dish, sprinkle over the olive oil, garlic and smoked paprika, toss until lightly coated.
- Cook for approx 30 minutes turning at regular intervals, the shallots and potatoes should be cooked and lightly golden. Sprinkle with the parsley.
- Heat the tomato and chilli sauce.
- Serve, the yoghurt and sauce in bowls alongside the roasted shallots, potatoes and chorizo so you can dip in to them.
Recipe courtesy of www.ukshallot.com
Silversurfer's Assistant Editor
Latest posts by Silversurfer's Assistant Editor (see all)
- Start your own blog in a few simple steps - August 17, 2017
- Crafts with grandchildren: try tie-dye - August 17, 2017
- Cherry and bay pie - August 16, 2017
- Clever uses for cling film - August 15, 2017
- Is it right to share the private tapes of Princess Diana? - August 14, 2017
Leave a Comment!
Community Terms & Conditions
These content standards apply to any and all material which you contribute to our site (contributions), and to any interactive services associated with it.
You must comply with the spirit of the following standards as well as the letter. The standards apply to each part of any contribution as well as to its whole.
be accurate (where they state facts); be genuinely held (where they state opinions); and comply with applicable law in the UK and in any country from which they are posted.
Contributions must not:
contain any material which is defamatory of any person; or contain any material which is obscene, offensive, hateful or inflammatory; or promote sexually explicit material; or promote violence; promote discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age; or infringe any copyright, database right or trade mark of any other person; or be likely to deceive any person; or be made in breach of any legal duty owed to a third party, such as a contractual duty or a duty of confidence; or promote any illegal activity; or be threatening, abuse or invade another’s privacy, or cause annoyance, inconvenience or needless anxiety; or be likely to harass, upset, embarrass, alarm or annoy any other person; or be used to impersonate any person, or to misrepresent your identity or affiliation with any person; or give the impression that they emanate from us, if this is not the case; or advocate, promote or assist any unlawful act such as (by way of example only) copyright infringement or computer misuse.
Nurturing a safe environment
Our Silversurfers community is designed to foster friendships, based on trust, honesty, integrity and loyalty and is underpinned by these values.
We don't tolerate swearing, and reserve the right to remove any posts which we feel may offend others... let's keep it friendly!