This colourful, healthy salad will make your mouth water and leave you feeling satisfied on many levels.
Quinoa is actually a seed, but can be prepared like whole grains such as rice … apparently set to be the new on trend food for 2013!
Preparation Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 10 minutes
What You’ll Need:
200g pack Tenderstem® broccoli
200g feta cheese, crumbled
1 large handful of pumpkin seeds
Seeds from 1 pomegranate
1 large handful of mint leaves, roughly chopped
1 large handful of flat-leaf parsley, roughly chopped
3-4 ripe tomatoes, deseeded and chopped
1 bunch spring onions, finely sliced
3 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
3 tbsp lemon juice
What To Do:
1.Cook the Quinoa according to the packet instructions. Leave to cool in a large mixing bowl.
2. Meanwhile, the Tenderstem® can be cut into small bite-size pieces and either lightly steamed or boiled, until just tender (4-5 minutes will be about right) and also left to cool.
3. Heat a small frying pan and lightly toast the pumpkin seeds until they are slightly crunchy. Remove from the pan and leave to cool.
4. Once the Quinoa and Tenderstem® are cool, stir together along with the feta, pomegranate seeds, herbs, tomato, spring onions, olive oil and lemon juice. Season with a little salt, (the feta cheese will add a salty flavour) and a good twist of black pepper. Toss together until everything is combined and either serve straight away or keep in the fridge.
Recipe by: www.tenderstem.co.uk
For more delicious recipes click here ←
Latest posts by Silversurfers Editor (see all)
- Where do you think the extra runway should be built – Heathrow or Gatwick? - October 21, 2016
- Beach breaks in Goa - October 21, 2016
- Peace & Tranquility in Your Home Away from Home - October 21, 2016
- Sunset in Abbotsbury, Dorset by Patty Ball - October 20, 2016
- How to Make a Scrapbook with a CEWE PHOTOBOOK - October 20, 2016