Quinoa Salad with Feta Cheese, Broccoli Pomegranate
This colourful, healthy salad will make your mouth water and leave you feeling satisfied on many levels.
Quinoa is actually a seed, but can be prepared like whole grains such as rice … apparently set to be the new on trend food for 2013!
Preparation Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 10 minutes
What You’ll Need:
200g pack Tenderstem® broccoli
200g feta cheese, crumbled
1 large handful of pumpkin seeds
Seeds from 1 pomegranate
1 large handful of mint leaves, roughly chopped
1 large handful of flat-leaf parsley, roughly chopped
3-4 ripe tomatoes, deseeded and chopped
1 bunch spring onions, finely sliced
3 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
3 tbsp lemon juice
What To Do:
1.Cook the Quinoa according to the packet instructions. Leave to cool in a large mixing bowl.
2. Meanwhile, the Tenderstem® can be cut into small bite-size pieces and either lightly steamed or boiled, until just tender (4-5 minutes will be about right) and also left to cool.
3. Heat a small frying pan and lightly toast the pumpkin seeds until they are slightly crunchy. Remove from the pan and leave to cool.
4. Once the Quinoa and Tenderstem® are cool, stir together along with the feta, pomegranate seeds, herbs, tomato, spring onions, olive oil and lemon juice. Season with a little salt, (the feta cheese will add a salty flavour) and a good twist of black pepper. Toss together until everything is combined and either serve straight away or keep in the fridge.
Recipe by: www.tenderstem.co.uk
For more delicious recipes click here ←
Latest posts by Silversurfer's Editor (see all)
- Are you leaving your potential PPI claim to vanish as a result of the FCA deadline? - May 22, 2018
- Are ‘female equality’ and ‘feminism’ the same thing? - May 22, 2018
- Step Aboard - May 21, 2018
- In 1961, Hull did something extraordinary - May 21, 2018
- Time to make ‘living the dream’ a reality - May 21, 2018
Leave a Comment!
Community Terms & Conditions
These content standards apply to any and all material which you contribute to our site (contributions), and to any interactive services associated with it.
You must comply with the spirit of the following standards as well as the letter. The standards apply to each part of any contribution as well as to its whole.
be accurate (where they state facts); be genuinely held (where they state opinions); and comply with applicable law in the UK and in any country from which they are posted.
Contributions must not:
contain any material which is defamatory of any person; or contain any material which is obscene, offensive, hateful or inflammatory; or promote sexually explicit material; or promote violence; promote discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age; or infringe any copyright, database right or trade mark of any other person; or be likely to deceive any person; or be made in breach of any legal duty owed to a third party, such as a contractual duty or a duty of confidence; or promote any illegal activity; or be threatening, abuse or invade another’s privacy, or cause annoyance, inconvenience or needless anxiety; or be likely to harass, upset, embarrass, alarm or annoy any other person; or be used to impersonate any person, or to misrepresent your identity or affiliation with any person; or give the impression that they emanate from us, if this is not the case; or advocate, promote or assist any unlawful act such as (by way of example only) copyright infringement or computer misuse.
Nurturing a safe environment
Our Silversurfers community is designed to foster friendships, based on trust, honesty, integrity and loyalty and is underpinned by these values.
We don't tolerate swearing, and reserve the right to remove any posts which we feel may offend others... let's keep it friendly!