A Warm Potato and Halloumi Salad
Bright and deliciously warming, this salad offers a vibrant array of flavours and textures in every bite.
Paired together with a mustard and dill dressing the radish, Halloumi, potato and cherry tomato each bring a different element to the dish.
Combined, it’s a salad high in vitamins, iron and potassium – perfect for a healthy lunch and decadent enough for any supper table, too.
Serves: 4 Prep time: 10 minutes Cook time: 20 minutes
- 200g new potatoes, sliced
- 150g mixed radishes, cut in half
- 100g cherry tomatoes cut in half
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 200g Halloumi sliced
For the dressing:
- 4 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- Small bunch of dill chopped
- Salt and pepper
- Place the new potatoes in a medium sized pan, cover with cold water, and lightly salt. Bring to the boil, and simmer for 10 to 15 minutes until cooked. Drain and set aside.
- In a medium sized bowl mix together the olive oil and vinegar, then add the Dijon mustard and dill.
- Add the new potatoes, radishes and cherry tomatoes to the dressing, mix and season well.
- Heat the olive oil in a medium sized non-stick frying pan and cook the Halloumi on both sides for 1 minute until golden brown.
- Add the Halloumi to the salad and mix gently, then divide between 4 plates and serve immediately.
Recipe courtesy of www.lovethecrunch.com
Rachel - Silversurfers Assistant Editor
Latest posts by Rachel - Silversurfers Assistant Editor (see all)
- The best uses for peppermint oil - September 18, 2020
- Country Music Classics Playlist - September 16, 2020
- Guacamole 3 ways - September 15, 2020
- Zoom date ideas: How to have a successful virtual date - September 14, 2020
- Silversurfers Book Club Autumn 2020 - September 10, 2020
Leave a Comment!
Community Terms & Conditions
These content standards apply to any and all material which you contribute to our site (contributions), and to any interactive services associated with it.
You must comply with the spirit of the following standards as well as the letter. The standards apply to each part of any contribution as well as to its whole.
be accurate (where they state facts); be genuinely held (where they state opinions); and comply with applicable law in the UK and in any country from which they are posted.
Contributions must not:
contain any material which is defamatory of any person; or contain any material which is obscene, offensive, hateful or inflammatory; or promote sexually explicit material; or promote violence; promote discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age; or infringe any copyright, database right or trade mark of any other person; or be likely to deceive any person; or be made in breach of any legal duty owed to a third party, such as a contractual duty or a duty of confidence; or promote any illegal activity; or be threatening, abuse or invade another’s privacy, or cause annoyance, inconvenience or needless anxiety; or be likely to harass, upset, embarrass, alarm or annoy any other person; or be used to impersonate any person, or to misrepresent your identity or affiliation with any person; or give the impression that they emanate from us, if this is not the case; or advocate, promote or assist any unlawful act such as (by way of example only) copyright infringement or computer misuse.
Nurturing a safe environment
Our Silversurfers community is designed to foster friendships, based on trust, honesty, integrity and loyalty and is underpinned by these values.
We don't tolerate swearing, and reserve the right to remove any posts which we feel may offend others... let's keep it friendly!