Beetroot, Asparagus & Smoked Salmon Salad
Quick, easy and delicious – this recipe is everything we want in a salad.
A great blend of flavours combine here for a moreish lunch or light starter; the asparagus and horseradish offer kick and crunch, while the silky smoked salmon is fresh and filling.
Try it laid out on a chunk of granary bread for a Scandinavian-style open sandwich.
Serves: 2 Prep time: 5-10 minutes Cook time: 5 minutes
- 1 pack (approx. 125g) British asparagus tips
- 135g watercress and salad leaves
- 100g smoked salmon
- 2 cooked beetroot dipped in vinegar (not pickled), cut into eighths
For the dressing
- 3 tbsp horseradish cream
- 2 tbsp Rachel’s Organic Natural Yogurt
- 1 tsp white wine vinegar
- Black pepper to season
- 1 lemon, juiced
- Place the British asparagus tips into a pan of boiling water and cook for 3-4 minutes.
- Meanwhile assemble the salad leaves and watercress onto 2 small plates and lay on the smoked salmon.
- Add the beetroot. Then drain the British asparagus tips and lay on top of the salad.
- Finally mix the dressing ingredients together and drizzle over the salad with lots of black pepper over the top. Finish with the lemon juice.
Recipe courtesy of Love Beetroot
Rachel - Silversurfers Assistant Editor
Latest posts by Rachel - Silversurfers Assistant Editor (see all)
- Mini Blueberry Tartlets - December 14, 2018
- Preventing falls this winter - December 13, 2018
- Should banks help restrict where you spend your money? - December 11, 2018
- Be drink aware this December - December 10, 2018
- Board games for fun family nights in - December 7, 2018
Leave a Comment!
Community Terms & Conditions
These content standards apply to any and all material which you contribute to our site (contributions), and to any interactive services associated with it.
You must comply with the spirit of the following standards as well as the letter. The standards apply to each part of any contribution as well as to its whole.
be accurate (where they state facts); be genuinely held (where they state opinions); and comply with applicable law in the UK and in any country from which they are posted.
Contributions must not:
contain any material which is defamatory of any person; or contain any material which is obscene, offensive, hateful or inflammatory; or promote sexually explicit material; or promote violence; promote discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age; or infringe any copyright, database right or trade mark of any other person; or be likely to deceive any person; or be made in breach of any legal duty owed to a third party, such as a contractual duty or a duty of confidence; or promote any illegal activity; or be threatening, abuse or invade another’s privacy, or cause annoyance, inconvenience or needless anxiety; or be likely to harass, upset, embarrass, alarm or annoy any other person; or be used to impersonate any person, or to misrepresent your identity or affiliation with any person; or give the impression that they emanate from us, if this is not the case; or advocate, promote or assist any unlawful act such as (by way of example only) copyright infringement or computer misuse.
Nurturing a safe environment
Our Silversurfers community is designed to foster friendships, based on trust, honesty, integrity and loyalty and is underpinned by these values.
We don't tolerate swearing, and reserve the right to remove any posts which we feel may offend others... let's keep it friendly!