Beetroot, Asparagus & Smoked Salmon Salad
Quick, easy and delicious – this recipe is everything we want in a salad.
A great blend of flavours combine here for a moreish lunch or light starter; the asparagus and horseradish offer kick and crunch, while the silky smoked salmon is fresh and filling.
Try it laid out on a chunk of granary bread for a Scandinavian-style open sandwich.
Serves: 2 Prep time: 5-10 minutes Cook time: 5 minutes
- 1 pack (approx. 125g) British asparagus tips
- 135g watercress and salad leaves
- 100g smoked salmon
- 2 cooked beetroot dipped in vinegar (not pickled), cut into eighths
For the dressing
- 3 tbsp horseradish cream
- 2 tbsp Rachel’s Organic Natural Yogurt
- 1 tsp white wine vinegar
- Black pepper to season
- 1 lemon, juiced
- Place the British asparagus tips into a pan of boiling water and cook for 3-4 minutes.
- Meanwhile assemble the salad leaves and watercress onto 2 small plates and lay on the smoked salmon.
- Add the beetroot. Then drain the British asparagus tips and lay on top of the salad.
- Finally mix the dressing ingredients together and drizzle over the salad with lots of black pepper over the top. Finish with the lemon juice.
Recipe courtesy of Love Beetroot