Blueberry Quinoa Salad
This tasty and filling blueberry quinoa salad is ideal for lunchtime.
The sweetness of the blueberries balance perfectly with crunchy pepper, while the quinoa adds a nutty twist and helps keep you feeling full long after lunch is done.
Serves: 2 Prep time: 5 minutes Cooking time: 10 minutes
- 100g quinoa
- 35g almonds, whole, skin on, roughly
- 20g pumpkin seeds
- 150g blueberries
- Bag of ‘superfood’ type salad leaves
- ¼ red onion, finely slices
- ½ yellow pepper, deseeded and chopped
For the dressing
- 2tbsp olive oil
- 1tsp coriander seed, roughly crushed
- 1tsp pink peppercorns, roughly crushed
- Juice of ½ lemon
- Put the quinoa in a saucepan with double the depth of water. Bring to the boil and simmer for 10 minutes. Or, if you’re short on time, grab a pouch of ready to eat quinoa.
- While the quinoa is cooking make the dressing. Gently heat the oil in a frying pan with the coriander seed and peppercorns. Warm through until the spices toast and the oil sizzles. Set aside to cool for a few minutes then squeeze in the lemon juice and season.
- In another frying pan cook the almonds and pumpkin seeds until the seeds start to pop and the almonds are toasty.
- When the quinoa is cooked drain any remaining water then pour over the dressing and stir well. Add all the remaining ingredients to the quinoa, season and stir to evenly distribute and coat with the dressing.
If you want to add some extra protein, this also tastes great served this with some cooked chicken.
Recipe courtesy of BerryWorld
Rachel - Silversurfers Assistant Editor
Latest posts by Rachel - Silversurfers Assistant Editor (see all)
- Clever uses for fabric conditioner - November 29, 2021
- Get Ready for Stir-up Sunday - November 19, 2021
- Eco friendly gift wrap options - November 15, 2021
- Tips for an eco-friendly Christmas - November 12, 2021
- Find craft inspiration from the best Martha Stewart videos - November 11, 2021