Celery Matchstick Caesar Salad
This healthy twist on a Caesar salad has crunch from the celery and baguette croutons, protein from the succulent chicken breasts and a punchy dressing of lemon, anchovies and garlic.
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 40 minutes
2 large chicken breasts
1 French baguette, torn into bite-sized pieces
6 celery stalks, cut into matchsticks
50g parmesan, shaved
For the dressing
8 tablespoons of Extra virgin olive oil
1 egg yolk
1 garlic clove, crushed
3 anchovy fillets
(makes a jar of dressing which can be kept in the fridge for up to 5 days)
What to do
Pre-heat the oven to 200°C.
Wrap the chicken breasts in tin foil along with the juice of half a lemon. Season well with salt and pepper and cook in the oven until cooked through and the juices are running clear. Once cooked, set aside to cool.
Place the torn French baguette on a baking tray, drizzle with 1 tablespoon of olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Bake in the oven for 10-15 minutes until golden brown and crisp.
To make the Caesar dressing, blend the egg yolk, garlic clove and anchovies until smooth. Slowly drizzle in the rest of the olive oil while you continue to whisk, until the dressing becomes creamy and smooth. Stir in the juice of the remaining half a lemon.
Cut the celery stalks into matchsticks and arrange on a plate with the croutons and parmesan shavings.
Slice the chicken breast and place on top of the celery. Finally, finish with a drizzle of the Caesar dressing.
Recipe courtesy of Love Celery
Melina - Assistant Editor
Latest posts by Melina - Assistant Editor (see all)
- Do you believe the Assisted Dying Bill should be passed? - October 22, 2021
- Slow Cooked Brisket of Beef with Beer, Celery, Shallots and Herbs - October 20, 2021
- Scandi Song Selection - October 18, 2021
- Baked shallots and squash with a crispy rosemary, chilli, orange and olive oil breadcrumb topping - October 17, 2021
- Should there be less focus on space travel and more focus on Earth? - October 15, 2021