Chantenay, prosciutto and rocket salad
This delicious rocket salad recipe is simple and flavourful and perfect for summer.
You can roast the carrots in the oven, or, when the weather is warm, grill them on the barbecue.
Serves: 4 Prep time: 5 minutes Cook time: 30 minutes
- 400g Chantenay carrots, scrubbed (leave whole if small; quarter lengthwise if large)
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- ½ tsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp runny honey
- 1 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 2 large handfuls of salad leaves, including some rocket
- 4-6 slices prosciutto ham
- Shavings of Parmesan cheese
- Salt and pepper
What to do
- Preheat the oven to 220˚C/Gas Mark 7. Toss the prepared Chantenay in 1 tablespoon of the olive oil, along with a little salt and pepper, transfer to a roasting tin and cook in the oven for 20-30 minutes, turning once, until cooked through.
- While the carrots are roasting, prepare the vinaigrette. In a small bowl, mix together the mustard, honey and lemon juice. Whisk in 1 tablespoon of olive oil and set aside.
- When the Chantenay are cooked, remove them from the oven. Set aside and leave to cool.
- When you are ready to serve the salad, toss the salad leaves and Chantenay in the prepared vinaigrette, along with a little salt and pepper, and arrange in a serving dish. Top with some torn slices of prosciutto and shavings of Parmesan cheese.
Rachel - Silversurfers Assistant Editor
Latest posts by Rachel - Silversurfers Assistant Editor (see all)
- Preventing falls this winter - December 13, 2018
- Should banks help restrict where you spend your money? - December 11, 2018
- Be drink aware this December - December 10, 2018
- Board games for fun family nights in - December 7, 2018
- Festive recipes: starters and sides - December 6, 2018
Leave a Comment!
Community Terms & Conditions
These content standards apply to any and all material which you contribute to our site (contributions), and to any interactive services associated with it.
You must comply with the spirit of the following standards as well as the letter. The standards apply to each part of any contribution as well as to its whole.
be accurate (where they state facts); be genuinely held (where they state opinions); and comply with applicable law in the UK and in any country from which they are posted.
Contributions must not:
contain any material which is defamatory of any person; or contain any material which is obscene, offensive, hateful or inflammatory; or promote sexually explicit material; or promote violence; promote discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age; or infringe any copyright, database right or trade mark of any other person; or be likely to deceive any person; or be made in breach of any legal duty owed to a third party, such as a contractual duty or a duty of confidence; or promote any illegal activity; or be threatening, abuse or invade another’s privacy, or cause annoyance, inconvenience or needless anxiety; or be likely to harass, upset, embarrass, alarm or annoy any other person; or be used to impersonate any person, or to misrepresent your identity or affiliation with any person; or give the impression that they emanate from us, if this is not the case; or advocate, promote or assist any unlawful act such as (by way of example only) copyright infringement or computer misuse.
Nurturing a safe environment
Our Silversurfers community is designed to foster friendships, based on trust, honesty, integrity and loyalty and is underpinned by these values.
We don't tolerate swearing, and reserve the right to remove any posts which we feel may offend others... let's keep it friendly!