Chantenay, prosciutto and rocket salad
This delicious rocket salad recipe is simple and flavourful and perfect for summer.
You can roast the carrots in the oven, or, when the weather is warm, grill them on the barbecue.
Serves: 4 Prep time: 5 minutes Cook time: 30 minutes
- 400g Chantenay carrots, scrubbed (leave whole if small; quarter lengthwise if large)
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- ½ tsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp runny honey
- 1 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 2 large handfuls of salad leaves, including some rocket
- 4-6 slices prosciutto ham
- Shavings of Parmesan cheese
- Salt and pepper
What to do
- Preheat the oven to 220˚C/Gas Mark 7. Toss the prepared Chantenay in 1 tablespoon of the olive oil, along with a little salt and pepper, transfer to a roasting tin and cook in the oven for 20-30 minutes, turning once, until cooked through.
- While the carrots are roasting, prepare the vinaigrette. In a small bowl, mix together the mustard, honey and lemon juice. Whisk in 1 tablespoon of olive oil and set aside.
- When the Chantenay are cooked, remove them from the oven. Set aside and leave to cool.
- When you are ready to serve the salad, toss the salad leaves and Chantenay in the prepared vinaigrette, along with a little salt and pepper, and arrange in a serving dish. Top with some torn slices of prosciutto and shavings of Parmesan cheese.
Rachel - Silversurfers Assistant Editor
Latest posts by Rachel - Silversurfers Assistant Editor (see all)
- Clever uses for fabric conditioner - November 29, 2021
- Get Ready for Stir-up Sunday - November 19, 2021
- Eco friendly gift wrap options - November 15, 2021
- Tips for an eco-friendly Christmas - November 12, 2021
- Find craft inspiration from the best Martha Stewart videos - November 11, 2021