Chicken & Blackberry salad
This vibrant chicken and blackberry salad looks beautiful and offers up a perfect balance of flavours to brighten up a weekday winter meal.
The soft chicken pairs wonderfully with the juicy blackberries and zesty lemon dressing.
Serves: 2 Prep time: 10 minutes Cook time: 5 minutes
- 2 slices walnut bread, ripped into small chunks
- 2tsp olive oil
- 1 cooked chicken breast, shredded
- Bag of watercress
- 50g feta
- 100g blackberries
For the dressing
- 2 tsp olive oil
- Zest of ½ lemon
- 2tsp lemon juice
- 3 sprigs thyme, leaves only
- 2tsp honey
- Heat the oven to 200C/180C Fan. Put the bread onto an oven tray, drizzle with the oil and season well. Toast in the oven for 5 minutes until crisp. The flavour of walnut bread works well with blackberries but if you can’t find it then any bread will do.
- Combine all of the dressing ingredients and season.
- Put the chicken, watercress, feta and blackberries in a salad bowl or plate, add the croutons and drizzle with dressing. Toss well and serve.
Recipe courtesy of BerryWorld
Silversurfer's Assistant Editor
Latest posts by Silversurfer's Assistant Editor (see all)
- Do you see the benefits of mindfulness and meditation? - October 17, 2017
- Supporting your mental health in later life - October 16, 2017
- Easy Traybakes for National Baking Week - October 16, 2017
- The benefits of herbal and green tea - October 15, 2017
- Step back in time: to 1955 - October 14, 2017
Leave a Comment!
Community Terms & Conditions
These content standards apply to any and all material which you contribute to our site (contributions), and to any interactive services associated with it.
You must comply with the spirit of the following standards as well as the letter. The standards apply to each part of any contribution as well as to its whole.
be accurate (where they state facts); be genuinely held (where they state opinions); and comply with applicable law in the UK and in any country from which they are posted.
Contributions must not:
contain any material which is defamatory of any person; or contain any material which is obscene, offensive, hateful or inflammatory; or promote sexually explicit material; or promote violence; promote discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age; or infringe any copyright, database right or trade mark of any other person; or be likely to deceive any person; or be made in breach of any legal duty owed to a third party, such as a contractual duty or a duty of confidence; or promote any illegal activity; or be threatening, abuse or invade another’s privacy, or cause annoyance, inconvenience or needless anxiety; or be likely to harass, upset, embarrass, alarm or annoy any other person; or be used to impersonate any person, or to misrepresent your identity or affiliation with any person; or give the impression that they emanate from us, if this is not the case; or advocate, promote or assist any unlawful act such as (by way of example only) copyright infringement or computer misuse.
Nurturing a safe environment
Our Silversurfers community is designed to foster friendships, based on trust, honesty, integrity and loyalty and is underpinned by these values.
We don't tolerate swearing, and reserve the right to remove any posts which we feel may offend others... let's keep it friendly!