Chicken & Blackberry salad
This vibrant chicken and blackberry salad looks beautiful and offers up a perfect balance of flavours to brighten up a weekday winter meal.
The soft chicken pairs wonderfully with the juicy blackberries and zesty lemon dressing.
Serves: 2 Prep time: 10 minutes Cook time: 5 minutes
- 2 slices walnut bread, ripped into small chunks
- 2tsp olive oil
- 1 cooked chicken breast, shredded
- Bag of watercress
- 50g feta
- 100g blackberries
For the dressing
- 2 tsp olive oil
- Zest of ½ lemon
- 2tsp lemon juice
- 3 sprigs thyme, leaves only
- 2tsp honey
- Heat the oven to 200C/180C Fan. Put the bread onto an oven tray, drizzle with the oil and season well. Toast in the oven for 5 minutes until crisp. The flavour of walnut bread works well with blackberries but if you can’t find it then any bread will do.
- Combine all of the dressing ingredients and season.
- Put the chicken, watercress, feta and blackberries in a salad bowl or plate, add the croutons and drizzle with dressing. Toss well and serve.
Recipe courtesy of BerryWorld
Rachel - Silversurfers Assistant Editor
Latest posts by Rachel - Silversurfers Assistant Editor (see all)
- Iced coffee cheesecake - July 23, 2021
- Selling your car online - July 22, 2021
- Common financial scams and how to spot them - July 20, 2021
- Beat the heat without AC: tips to stay comfortable at night - July 19, 2021
- Clever uses for butter - July 10, 2021