Chicken, Celery and Apple Stir Fry
This fast and easy recipe is perfect for a quick weeknight dinner – the sweet apple and crunch of celery help totally reinvent the humble stir fry.
Healthy, delicious and nutritious – what’s not to love?
Serves: 4 Prep time: 15 minutes Cooking time: 15 minutes
- 1 tbsp sunflower oil
- 2 -3 chicken breasts, thinly sliced
- 6 Fenland celery sticks, thinly sliced
- 1 dessert apple, cut into thin wedges
- 1 red onion, peeled and cut into thin wedges
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 2 cm piece fresh ginger, peeled and grated
- 1 large chilli, deseeded and finely sliced
- 2 tsp cornflour
- 2 tsp caster sugar
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 4 tbsp light soy sauce
- Heat a wok or large heavy based frying pan over a high heat, add the oil and swirl it around.
- Add the sliced chicken and stir fry for a few minutes. Add the Fenland celery, apple, onion, garlic, ginger and chilli continue to stir fry for a few minutes.
- Mix together the cornflour, caster sugar, lemon juice and soy sauce, add to the stir fry and continue to cook for a minute until everything is coated in the sauce, then serve immediately with noodles or rice and extra soy sauce if needed.
Recipe courtesy of www.fenlandcelery.com
Rachel - Silversurfers Assistant Editor
Latest posts by Rachel - Silversurfers Assistant Editor (see all)
- Clever uses for sugar - February 22, 2019
- Rolled pork loin with blackberry, lemon and dried apricot stuffing - February 21, 2019
- The best free puzzle and game apps - February 20, 2019
- Take the Silversurfers grammar quiz – round 2! - February 17, 2019
- The best of Elvis Costello & The Attractions playlist - February 15, 2019
Leave a Comment!
Community Terms & Conditions
These content standards apply to any and all material which you contribute to our site (contributions), and to any interactive services associated with it.
You must comply with the spirit of the following standards as well as the letter. The standards apply to each part of any contribution as well as to its whole.
be accurate (where they state facts); be genuinely held (where they state opinions); and comply with applicable law in the UK and in any country from which they are posted.
Contributions must not:
contain any material which is defamatory of any person; or contain any material which is obscene, offensive, hateful or inflammatory; or promote sexually explicit material; or promote violence; promote discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age; or infringe any copyright, database right or trade mark of any other person; or be likely to deceive any person; or be made in breach of any legal duty owed to a third party, such as a contractual duty or a duty of confidence; or promote any illegal activity; or be threatening, abuse or invade another’s privacy, or cause annoyance, inconvenience or needless anxiety; or be likely to harass, upset, embarrass, alarm or annoy any other person; or be used to impersonate any person, or to misrepresent your identity or affiliation with any person; or give the impression that they emanate from us, if this is not the case; or advocate, promote or assist any unlawful act such as (by way of example only) copyright infringement or computer misuse.
Nurturing a safe environment
Our Silversurfers community is designed to foster friendships, based on trust, honesty, integrity and loyalty and is underpinned by these values.
We don't tolerate swearing, and reserve the right to remove any posts which we feel may offend others... let's keep it friendly!