Chicken Shashlik Salad
Take lunch time up a step with this delicious and aromatic chicken shashlik salad recipe.
The warm cumin and sweet honey create the perfect marinade for the chicken and make for an easy lunch on the go when prepared and wrapped ahead.
Serves: 4 Prep time: 25 minutes Cook time: 15 minutes
- 4 chicken breasts cut into bite sized chunks
- 8 small shallots, peeled and halved (or quartered if they are large)
- 2tbsp olive oil
- 4tsp honey
- 1tsp cumin
- 2 garlic cloves crushed
- 1 butterhead lettuce, shredded
- 1 avocado
- ¼ cucumber
- 12 cherry tomatoes
- ½ lemon
- 4 flatbreads or large wraps
- Put the chicken chunks and shallots into a bowl and drizzle with half the oil, honey, cumin and garlic. Toss well and leave to marinate for 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, if you’re using wooden kebab sticks soak them in water and light the BBQ. Shred the lettuce, slice the avocado and cucumber and halve the tomatoes.
- Make the dressing by combining the lemon juice with the remaining oil and season.
- Thread the meat and shallots onto 8 kebab sticks and when the BBQ is ready to use, cook them for 10-15 minutes turning frequently.
- When the chicken is almost cooked, heat the flatbreads on both sides on the BBQ. To serve toss the salad in the dressing then pile on top of the flatbreads and top with 2 kebabs. Give the kebabs and extra squeeze of lemon juice and serve.
Recipe courtesy of Salad Days
Silversurfer's Assistant Editor
Latest posts by Silversurfer's Assistant Editor (see all)
- Home essentials every grandparent should have - July 20, 2018
- Vote for the best beach in the UK - July 19, 2018
- Did you put off retirement due to money worries? - July 18, 2018
- Tips for tracing old pensions - July 18, 2018
- Barbecued corn on the cob with shallot herb butter - July 16, 2018
Leave a Comment!
Community Terms & Conditions
These content standards apply to any and all material which you contribute to our site (contributions), and to any interactive services associated with it.
You must comply with the spirit of the following standards as well as the letter. The standards apply to each part of any contribution as well as to its whole.
be accurate (where they state facts); be genuinely held (where they state opinions); and comply with applicable law in the UK and in any country from which they are posted.
Contributions must not:
contain any material which is defamatory of any person; or contain any material which is obscene, offensive, hateful or inflammatory; or promote sexually explicit material; or promote violence; promote discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age; or infringe any copyright, database right or trade mark of any other person; or be likely to deceive any person; or be made in breach of any legal duty owed to a third party, such as a contractual duty or a duty of confidence; or promote any illegal activity; or be threatening, abuse or invade another’s privacy, or cause annoyance, inconvenience or needless anxiety; or be likely to harass, upset, embarrass, alarm or annoy any other person; or be used to impersonate any person, or to misrepresent your identity or affiliation with any person; or give the impression that they emanate from us, if this is not the case; or advocate, promote or assist any unlawful act such as (by way of example only) copyright infringement or computer misuse.
Nurturing a safe environment
Our Silversurfers community is designed to foster friendships, based on trust, honesty, integrity and loyalty and is underpinned by these values.
We don't tolerate swearing, and reserve the right to remove any posts which we feel may offend others... let's keep it friendly!