Citrus, beetroot & baby kale salad
This tasty vegetarian salad is an easy lunch that can be ready to go in just 15 minutes – the zesty blood orange and grapefruit complement the earthy beetroot and smooth Gorgonzola cheese.
Ready-to-eat beetroot means you don’t need to worry about any lengthy prep; try it with baby kale, or use your favourite spinach and spring green mix as your salad base.
Serves: 4 Prep time: 15 minutes
For the salad
- 140g baby kale, spinach, or spring green mix
- 200g pack of Juniperberry & Black Pepper infused beetroot from the ready-to-eat range
- 1 ripe blood orange
- 1 ripe grapefruit
- 125g Gorgonzola cheese
- 100g walnuts
For the dressing
- 3tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 2 tsp dijon mustard
- 6 sage leaves, chopped
- Pinch of salt
- Wash and pat dry the baby kale; place in a large salad bowl.
- Peel and section the blood orange and grapefruit. Roughly chop the walnuts and beetroot.
- Combine all ingredients with the kale, sprinkling the gorgonzola intermittently.
- Mix together all of the dressing ingredients and drizzle over the salad, tossing until well-coated.
Recipe courtesy of www.lovebeetroot.co.uk