Citrus, beetroot & baby kale salad
This tasty vegetarian salad is an easy lunch that can be ready to go in just 15 minutes – the zesty blood orange and grapefruit complement the earthy beetroot and smooth Gorgonzola cheese.
Ready-to-eat beetroot means you don’t need to worry about any lengthy prep; try it with baby kale, or use your favourite spinach and spring green mix as your salad base.
Serves: 4 Prep time: 15 minutes
For the salad
- 140g baby kale, spinach, or spring green mix
- 200g pack of Juniperberry & Black Pepper infused beetroot from the ready-to-eat range
- 1 ripe blood orange
- 1 ripe grapefruit
- 125g Gorgonzola cheese
- 100g walnuts
For the dressing
- 3tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 2 tsp dijon mustard
- 6 sage leaves, chopped
- Pinch of salt
- Wash and pat dry the baby kale; place in a large salad bowl.
- Peel and section the blood orange and grapefruit. Roughly chop the walnuts and beetroot.
- Combine all ingredients with the kale, sprinkling the gorgonzola intermittently.
- Mix together all of the dressing ingredients and drizzle over the salad, tossing until well-coated.
Recipe courtesy of www.lovebeetroot.co.uk
Rachel - Silversurfers Assistant Editor
Latest posts by Rachel - Silversurfers Assistant Editor (see all)
- Has the public lost interest in Christmas adverts? - November 16, 2018
- Try this: make your own vanilla extract - November 15, 2018
- Asparagus, ricotta and pancetta pizza - November 14, 2018
- Recognise the symptoms for World Pancreatic Cancer Day - November 13, 2018
- Know your risks on World Diabetes Day - November 12, 2018
Leave a Comment!
Community Terms & Conditions
These content standards apply to any and all material which you contribute to our site (contributions), and to any interactive services associated with it.
You must comply with the spirit of the following standards as well as the letter. The standards apply to each part of any contribution as well as to its whole.
be accurate (where they state facts); be genuinely held (where they state opinions); and comply with applicable law in the UK and in any country from which they are posted.
Contributions must not:
contain any material which is defamatory of any person; or contain any material which is obscene, offensive, hateful or inflammatory; or promote sexually explicit material; or promote violence; promote discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age; or infringe any copyright, database right or trade mark of any other person; or be likely to deceive any person; or be made in breach of any legal duty owed to a third party, such as a contractual duty or a duty of confidence; or promote any illegal activity; or be threatening, abuse or invade another’s privacy, or cause annoyance, inconvenience or needless anxiety; or be likely to harass, upset, embarrass, alarm or annoy any other person; or be used to impersonate any person, or to misrepresent your identity or affiliation with any person; or give the impression that they emanate from us, if this is not the case; or advocate, promote or assist any unlawful act such as (by way of example only) copyright infringement or computer misuse.
Nurturing a safe environment
Our Silversurfers community is designed to foster friendships, based on trust, honesty, integrity and loyalty and is underpinned by these values.
We don't tolerate swearing, and reserve the right to remove any posts which we feel may offend others... let's keep it friendly!