Halloumi and Couscous salad with harissa dressing
This couscous salad with harissa dressing is packed with vibrant flavour and is the perfect side dish for a weekend barbecue.
Or, if you need something to make lunch more exciting, you can put this dish together quickly and make a large batch to enjoy all week.
The halloumi and chickpeas help make it as filling as it is delicious.
Prep time: 15 minutes Cooking time: 10 minutes Serves: 4
- 200g couscous
- 400ml vegetable stock (hot)
- salt and pepper
- 460g jar read roasted red peppers, drained
- 1 butterhead lettuce
- small bunch of parsley
- 250g halloumi
- 400g tin of chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 3tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 3tsp harissa paste
- Juice of ½ lime
What to do
- Put the couscous in a bowl, cover with the hot stock, season and stir well. Cover the bowl tightly with cling film or a small plate and leave to soak.
- Drain the peppers and chop into bite size chunks. Chop or tear the lettuce and chop the parsley.
- Slice the halloumi into 8 slices and heat a frying pan or griddle. When the pan is hot, cook the halloumi on both sides until golden.
- While the halloumi is cooking, fork the couscous into a serving bowl and mix in the peppers, lettuce, parsley and chickpeas. Combine the oil, harissa and lime juice and season, reserve 2 tsp of this dressing, drizzling the rest over the couscous and mixing well.
- Once cooked lay the halloumi on top of the salad and drizzle over the reserved dressing.
Chef’s tip: Try adding a few sweet piquante Peppadew style peppers with the roast peppers for an extra kick
Recipe courtesy of Leafy Salad
Rachel - Silversurfers Assistant Editor
Latest posts by Rachel - Silversurfers Assistant Editor (see all)
Leave a Comment!
Community Terms & Conditions
These content standards apply to any and all material which you contribute to our site (contributions), and to any interactive services associated with it.
You must comply with the spirit of the following standards as well as the letter. The standards apply to each part of any contribution as well as to its whole.
be accurate (where they state facts); be genuinely held (where they state opinions); and comply with applicable law in the UK and in any country from which they are posted.
Contributions must not:
contain any material which is defamatory of any person; or contain any material which is obscene, offensive, hateful or inflammatory; or promote sexually explicit material; or promote violence; promote discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age; or infringe any copyright, database right or trade mark of any other person; or be likely to deceive any person; or be made in breach of any legal duty owed to a third party, such as a contractual duty or a duty of confidence; or promote any illegal activity; or be threatening, abuse or invade another’s privacy, or cause annoyance, inconvenience or needless anxiety; or be likely to harass, upset, embarrass, alarm or annoy any other person; or be used to impersonate any person, or to misrepresent your identity or affiliation with any person; or give the impression that they emanate from us, if this is not the case; or advocate, promote or assist any unlawful act such as (by way of example only) copyright infringement or computer misuse.
Nurturing a safe environment
Our Silversurfers community is designed to foster friendships, based on trust, honesty, integrity and loyalty and is underpinned by these values.
We don't tolerate swearing, and reserve the right to remove any posts which we feel may offend others... let's keep it friendly!