Halloumi and Couscous salad with harissa dressing
This couscous salad with harissa dressing is packed with vibrant flavour and is the perfect side dish for a weekend barbecue.
Or, if you need something to make lunch more exciting, you can put this dish together quickly and make a large batch to enjoy all week.
The halloumi and chickpeas help make it as filling as it is delicious.
Prep time: 15 minutes Cooking time: 10 minutes Serves: 4
- 200g couscous
- 400ml vegetable stock (hot)
- salt and pepper
- 460g jar read roasted red peppers, drained
- 1 butterhead lettuce
- small bunch of parsley
- 250g halloumi
- 400g tin of chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 3tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 3tsp harissa paste
- Juice of ½ lime
What to do
- Put the couscous in a bowl, cover with the hot stock, season and stir well. Cover the bowl tightly with cling film or a small plate and leave to soak.
- Drain the peppers and chop into bite size chunks. Chop or tear the lettuce and chop the parsley.
- Slice the halloumi into 8 slices and heat a frying pan or griddle. When the pan is hot, cook the halloumi on both sides until golden.
- While the halloumi is cooking, fork the couscous into a serving bowl and mix in the peppers, lettuce, parsley and chickpeas. Combine the oil, harissa and lime juice and season, reserve 2 tsp of this dressing, drizzling the rest over the couscous and mixing well.
- Once cooked lay the halloumi on top of the salad and drizzle over the reserved dressing.
Chef’s tip: Try adding a few sweet piquante Peppadew style peppers with the roast peppers for an extra kick
Recipe courtesy of Leafy Salad
Rachel - Silversurfers Assistant Editor
Latest posts by Rachel - Silversurfers Assistant Editor (see all)
- Clever uses for fabric conditioner - November 29, 2021
- Get Ready for Stir-up Sunday - November 19, 2021
- Eco friendly gift wrap options - November 15, 2021
- Tips for an eco-friendly Christmas - November 12, 2021
- Find craft inspiration from the best Martha Stewart videos - November 11, 2021