Fast, simple, healthy and delicious, this leafy Panzanella is the perfect dish for the height of summer!
Traditionally Panzanella has no leaves, but this twist on a classic adds the bite of crunchy Romaine, helping it to go even further and fill you up as a lunch or light supper.
Serves: 2 as a main dish Preparation time: 20 minutes
- 1 Mini Romaine lettuce
- 4 slices stale ciabatta
- 300g ripe tomatoes, any type you have
- ¼ red onion, finely sliced
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 200g roasted peppers from a jar, drained and chopped
- 1tbsp red wine vinegar
- 2tbsp olive oil
- 1 small bunch of basil, torn
- Tear the bread into bite sized chunks and leave out on a tray while you prepare the salad.
- Chop the tomatoes into bite sizes and put into a bowl, add the onion and peppers and season generously.
- Toss in the ciabatta and mix well so all the juices combine and start to soak into the bread.
- Slice the Mini Romaine into ribbons 1cm thick and add to the salad.
- Dress with the oil and vinegar and toss again. Taste to check the seasoning. Add torn basil leaves, toss for a final time then serve.
Recipe courtesy of Make More of Salad
Silversurfer's Assistant Editor
Latest posts by Silversurfer's Assistant Editor (see all)
- Clever uses for cream of tartar - February 23, 2018
- Tips for building your online dating profile - February 22, 2018
- Warm Salad of Eastern Pulled Lamb and Chickpeas - February 21, 2018
- Is marriage outdated? - February 20, 2018
- Introducing a new partner to your children and grandchildren - February 19, 2018
Leave a Comment!
Community Terms & Conditions
These content standards apply to any and all material which you contribute to our site (contributions), and to any interactive services associated with it.
You must comply with the spirit of the following standards as well as the letter. The standards apply to each part of any contribution as well as to its whole.
be accurate (where they state facts); be genuinely held (where they state opinions); and comply with applicable law in the UK and in any country from which they are posted.
Contributions must not:
contain any material which is defamatory of any person; or contain any material which is obscene, offensive, hateful or inflammatory; or promote sexually explicit material; or promote violence; promote discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age; or infringe any copyright, database right or trade mark of any other person; or be likely to deceive any person; or be made in breach of any legal duty owed to a third party, such as a contractual duty or a duty of confidence; or promote any illegal activity; or be threatening, abuse or invade another’s privacy, or cause annoyance, inconvenience or needless anxiety; or be likely to harass, upset, embarrass, alarm or annoy any other person; or be used to impersonate any person, or to misrepresent your identity or affiliation with any person; or give the impression that they emanate from us, if this is not the case; or advocate, promote or assist any unlawful act such as (by way of example only) copyright infringement or computer misuse.
Nurturing a safe environment
Our Silversurfers community is designed to foster friendships, based on trust, honesty, integrity and loyalty and is underpinned by these values.
We don't tolerate swearing, and reserve the right to remove any posts which we feel may offend others... let's keep it friendly!