Mixed grain salad with blueberries and maple roasted baby carrots
Mixed grain salad with blueberries and maple roasted baby carrots and new potatoes is colourful, light and fresh.
Packed with energising wholegrains and vitamin boosting blueberries this easy salad will help revitalise and boost your immune system. Sticky glazed baby carrots and knobbly baby anya potatoes have been roasted with maple syrup, fennel and pumpkin seeds, Jersey Royal baby new potatoes could also be used when in season.
Prep: 20 minutes
Cook: 30-40 minutes
Maple roasted vegetables
400g (14oz) baby ‘Anya’ potatoes, scrubbed
1 teaspoon fennel seeds
4 teaspoons pumpkin seeds
2 tablespoons maple syrup
2 tablespoons olive oil
Salt flakes and freshly ground black pepper
250g (9oz) pack ‘ready to eat’ mixed grains
100g (4oz) spinach, rocket and watercress salad
100g (4oz) blueberries
100g (4oz) feta cheese, crumbled into small pieces
3 tablespoons olive oil
1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
1 teaspoon maple syrup
1 teaspoon wholegrain mustard
What to do:
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/400°F/Gas Mark 6. Add the carrots and potatoes to a small roasting tin, sprinkle with the fennel and pumpkin seeds then drizzle over the maple syrup and oil and sprinkle generously with salt and pepper. Roast for 30-40 minutes, turning once or twice until tender and browned.
- When the vegetables are almost ready, reheat the grains in the microwave as the pack directs. Tip out on to a large platter and sprinkle with the salad leaves, blueberries and feta.
- Add the dressing ingredients to a jug and fork together. Add the roasted vegetables to the salad with any sticky pan juices then pour over the dressing to taste and serve warm.
Latest posts by Silversurfers Editor (see all)
- TOP 10 Special Interest & Events Breaks From Shearings Holidays - February 24, 2017
- How many portions of fruit and veg do you eat each day? - February 23, 2017
- The unwavering popularity of Optiflame® - February 20, 2017
- Is a Jaffa Cake a biscuit or a cake? - February 20, 2017
- The Active Collection from Hotter - February 20, 2017
Leave a Comment!
Community Terms & Conditions
These content standards apply to any and all material which you contribute to our site (contributions), and to any interactive services associated with it.
You must comply with the spirit of the following standards as well as the letter. The standards apply to each part of any contribution as well as to its whole.
be accurate (where they state facts); be genuinely held (where they state opinions); and comply with applicable law in the UK and in any country from which they are posted.
Contributions must not:
contain any material which is defamatory of any person; or contain any material which is obscene, offensive, hateful or inflammatory; or promote sexually explicit material; or promote violence; promote discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age; or infringe any copyright, database right or trade mark of any other person; or be likely to deceive any person; or be made in breach of any legal duty owed to a third party, such as a contractual duty or a duty of confidence; or promote any illegal activity; or be threatening, abuse or invade another’s privacy, or cause annoyance, inconvenience or needless anxiety; or be likely to harass, upset, embarrass, alarm or annoy any other person; or be used to impersonate any person, or to misrepresent your identity or affiliation with any person; or give the impression that they emanate from us, if this is not the case; or advocate, promote or assist any unlawful act such as (by way of example only) copyright infringement or computer misuse.
Nurturing a safe environment
Our Silversurfers community is designed to foster friendships, based on trust, honesty, integrity and loyalty and is underpinned by these values.
We don't tolerate swearing, and reserve the right to remove any posts which we feel may offend others... let's keep it friendly!