Mixed grain salad with blueberries and maple roasted baby carrots
Mixed grain salad with blueberries and maple roasted baby carrots and new potatoes is colourful, light and fresh.
Packed with energising wholegrains and vitamin boosting blueberries this easy salad will help revitalise and boost your immune system. Sticky glazed baby carrots and knobbly baby anya potatoes have been roasted with maple syrup, fennel and pumpkin seeds, Jersey Royal baby new potatoes could also be used when in season.
Prep: 20 minutes
Cook: 30-40 minutes
Maple roasted vegetables
400g (14oz) baby ‘Anya’ potatoes, scrubbed
1 teaspoon fennel seeds
4 teaspoons pumpkin seeds
2 tablespoons maple syrup
2 tablespoons olive oil
Salt flakes and freshly ground black pepper
250g (9oz) pack ‘ready to eat’ mixed grains
100g (4oz) spinach, rocket and watercress salad
100g (4oz) blueberries
100g (4oz) feta cheese, crumbled into small pieces
3 tablespoons olive oil
1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
1 teaspoon maple syrup
1 teaspoon wholegrain mustard
What to do:
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/400°F/Gas Mark 6. Add the carrots and potatoes to a small roasting tin, sprinkle with the fennel and pumpkin seeds then drizzle over the maple syrup and oil and sprinkle generously with salt and pepper. Roast for 30-40 minutes, turning once or twice until tender and browned.
- When the vegetables are almost ready, reheat the grains in the microwave as the pack directs. Tip out on to a large platter and sprinkle with the salad leaves, blueberries and feta.
- Add the dressing ingredients to a jug and fork together. Add the roasted vegetables to the salad with any sticky pan juices then pour over the dressing to taste and serve warm.
Latest posts by Sally - Silversurfer's Editor (see all)
- Win a free pair of shoes from Hotter worth £129 - August 1, 2021
- Win ONE of THREE copies of Life in Colour with David Attenborough on DVD! - August 1, 2021
- Win ONE of TEN Allium Superglobe mix bundles! - July 31, 2021
- How to Sell Your Car for the Best Price - July 28, 2021
- Advice for expats heading home - July 28, 2021