Moroccan Beetroot & Herb Salad
This Moroccan-inspired beetroot and herb salad recipe brings a vibrant taste of Africa to your kitchen.
Healthy and quick to prepare, this is a refreshing dish on a hot day. Try it with a homemade Tagine or cous cous salad.
Serves: 4 Preparation time: 10 minutes Cooking time: none
- 750g cooked beetroot dipped in vinegar (not pickled), chopped into wedges
- 250g baby spinach leaves, washed & well drained
- Large bunch fresh mint, roughly chopped
- Large bunch coriander, roughly chopped
For the dressing:
- 250ml Rachel’s Organic Natural Yogurt (either low fat or full fat)
- 2 tsp cumin seeds, roughly ground
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- Sea salt & freshly ground black pepper
What to do:
- In a large serving bowl, toss together the beetroot, spinach, mint & coriander, reserving a few of the herbs to garnish the salad.
- Make the dressing in a small bowl by mixing all the ingredients together. Season to taste with sea salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Drizzle the dressing over the salad just before serving and garnish with the remaining herbs.
Recipe courtesy of www.lovebeetroot.co.uk
Rachel - Silversurfers Assistant Editor
Latest posts by Rachel - Silversurfers Assistant Editor (see all)
- Should parents have the option not to vaccinate their children? - April 25, 2019
- Strawberry Mousse - April 24, 2019
- Brace yourself for allergy season - April 22, 2019
- Digital healthcare tools - April 18, 2019
- Should parents stop using chocolate for egg hunts? - April 17, 2019
Leave a Comment!
Community Terms & Conditions
These content standards apply to any and all material which you contribute to our site (contributions), and to any interactive services associated with it.
You must comply with the spirit of the following standards as well as the letter. The standards apply to each part of any contribution as well as to its whole.
be accurate (where they state facts); be genuinely held (where they state opinions); and comply with applicable law in the UK and in any country from which they are posted.
Contributions must not:
contain any material which is defamatory of any person; or contain any material which is obscene, offensive, hateful or inflammatory; or promote sexually explicit material; or promote violence; promote discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age; or infringe any copyright, database right or trade mark of any other person; or be likely to deceive any person; or be made in breach of any legal duty owed to a third party, such as a contractual duty or a duty of confidence; or promote any illegal activity; or be threatening, abuse or invade another’s privacy, or cause annoyance, inconvenience or needless anxiety; or be likely to harass, upset, embarrass, alarm or annoy any other person; or be used to impersonate any person, or to misrepresent your identity or affiliation with any person; or give the impression that they emanate from us, if this is not the case; or advocate, promote or assist any unlawful act such as (by way of example only) copyright infringement or computer misuse.
Nurturing a safe environment
Our Silversurfers community is designed to foster friendships, based on trust, honesty, integrity and loyalty and is underpinned by these values.
We don't tolerate swearing, and reserve the right to remove any posts which we feel may offend others... let's keep it friendly!