Moroccan Beetroot & Herb Salad
This Moroccan-inspired beetroot and herb salad recipe brings a vibrant taste of Africa to your kitchen.
Healthy and quick to prepare, this is a refreshing dish on a hot day. Try it with a homemade Tagine or cous cous salad.
Serves: 4 Preparation time: 10 minutes Cooking time: none
- 750g cooked beetroot dipped in vinegar (not pickled), chopped into wedges
- 250g baby spinach leaves, washed & well drained
- Large bunch fresh mint, roughly chopped
- Large bunch coriander, roughly chopped
For the dressing:
- 250ml Rachel’s Organic Natural Yogurt (either low fat or full fat)
- 2 tsp cumin seeds, roughly ground
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- Sea salt & freshly ground black pepper
What to do:
- In a large serving bowl, toss together the beetroot, spinach, mint & coriander, reserving a few of the herbs to garnish the salad.
- Make the dressing in a small bowl by mixing all the ingredients together. Season to taste with sea salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Drizzle the dressing over the salad just before serving and garnish with the remaining herbs.
Recipe courtesy of www.lovebeetroot.co.uk