Mushroom, pork & asparagus stir fry
Stir frys are so quick and easy to make, and taste fresh and wholesome. This mushroom, pork and asparagus stir fry is no exception, and an be rustled up in about 15 minutes.
1/4 cup peanut oil
500g pork fillet, thinly sliced
4 spring onions, thinly sliced
2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
2cm piece ginger, peeled, cut into thin strips
1 tsp sesame oil
100g Shiitake mushrooms, halved
350g cup mushrooms, thickly sliced
1 bunch asparagus, trimmed, cut into
1 bunch baby pak choy (bok choy), trimmed, stems chopped, leaves separated
1/3 cup oyster sauce
1/3 cup chicken stock
Steamed jasmine rice, to serve
WHAT TO DO:
1. Heat a wok over high heat until very hot. Add 1 tbs oil and swirl to coat wok. Add half the pork. Stir-fry for 2 minutes or until almost cooked through. Transfer to a plate. Repeat using 1 tbs oil and remaining pork.
2. Heat remaining 1 tbs oil in wok over high heat. Add spring onions, garlic, ginger, sesame oil and shiitake mushrooms. Stir-fry for 1 minute. Add cup mushrooms, asparagus and pak choy stems. Stir-fry for 2 minutes.
3. Add oyster sauce, stock, pork and bok choy leaves to wok. Stir-fry for 1—2 minutes or until leaves just wilt. Serve with steamed jasmine rice.
TIP: The pork an be exchanged for chicken if preferred
Recipe by: www.moretomushrooms.com
For more delicious recipes click here ←
Latest posts by Sally - Silversurfer's Editor (see all)
- 7 Scottish Gift ideas for Christmas - November 29, 2021
- Silversurfers Book Club Winter 2021 - November 29, 2021
- Don’t miss out on a fantastic Black Friday Weekend Offer at Silversurfers Shop - November 26, 2021
- 5 Festive films for a movie night to remember - November 25, 2021
- What to expect onboard from Emirates - November 25, 2021