Mushroom, pork & asparagus stir fry
Stir frys are so quick and easy to make, and taste fresh and wholesome. This mushroom, pork and asparagus stir fry is no exception, and an be rustled up in about 15 minutes.
1/4 cup peanut oil
500g pork fillet, thinly sliced
4 spring onions, thinly sliced
2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
2cm piece ginger, peeled, cut into thin strips
1 tsp sesame oil
100g Shiitake mushrooms, halved
350g cup mushrooms, thickly sliced
1 bunch asparagus, trimmed, cut into
1 bunch baby pak choy (bok choy), trimmed, stems chopped, leaves separated
1/3 cup oyster sauce
1/3 cup chicken stock
Steamed jasmine rice, to serve
WHAT TO DO:
1. Heat a wok over high heat until very hot. Add 1 tbs oil and swirl to coat wok. Add half the pork. Stir-fry for 2 minutes or until almost cooked through. Transfer to a plate. Repeat using 1 tbs oil and remaining pork.
2. Heat remaining 1 tbs oil in wok over high heat. Add spring onions, garlic, ginger, sesame oil and shiitake mushrooms. Stir-fry for 1 minute. Add cup mushrooms, asparagus and pak choy stems. Stir-fry for 2 minutes.
3. Add oyster sauce, stock, pork and bok choy leaves to wok. Stir-fry for 1—2 minutes or until leaves just wilt. Serve with steamed jasmine rice.
TIP: The pork an be exchanged for chicken if preferred
Recipe by: www.moretomushrooms.com
For more delicious recipes click here ←
Latest posts by Sally - Silversurfer's Editor (see all)
- 8 of the world’s best Northern Lights holidays - January 22, 2020
- Why you should book travel insurance alongside your holiday - January 22, 2020
- Why Holidaying by Train is the Way to Go! - January 22, 2020
- Simple Stir-Fries for Chinese New Year - January 21, 2020
- Weightlessness – The secret to a great night’s sleep - January 17, 2020
Leave a Comment!
Community Terms & Conditions
These content standards apply to any and all material which you contribute to our site (contributions), and to any interactive services associated with it.
You must comply with the spirit of the following standards as well as the letter. The standards apply to each part of any contribution as well as to its whole.
be accurate (where they state facts); be genuinely held (where they state opinions); and comply with applicable law in the UK and in any country from which they are posted.
Contributions must not:
contain any material which is defamatory of any person; or contain any material which is obscene, offensive, hateful or inflammatory; or promote sexually explicit material; or promote violence; promote discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age; or infringe any copyright, database right or trade mark of any other person; or be likely to deceive any person; or be made in breach of any legal duty owed to a third party, such as a contractual duty or a duty of confidence; or promote any illegal activity; or be threatening, abuse or invade another’s privacy, or cause annoyance, inconvenience or needless anxiety; or be likely to harass, upset, embarrass, alarm or annoy any other person; or be used to impersonate any person, or to misrepresent your identity or affiliation with any person; or give the impression that they emanate from us, if this is not the case; or advocate, promote or assist any unlawful act such as (by way of example only) copyright infringement or computer misuse.
Nurturing a safe environment
Our Silversurfers community is designed to foster friendships, based on trust, honesty, integrity and loyalty and is underpinned by these values.
We don't tolerate swearing, and reserve the right to remove any posts which we feel may offend others... let's keep it friendly!