Sesame Chicken Stir Fry
This fast and simple sesame chicken stir fry recipe is low in effort and rich in flavour.
Ready-cooked basmati rice cuts the work out of preparation, while the fresh mango makes this recipe a refreshing change to the regular weeknight dinner.
Prep time: 10 minutes Cook time: 15 minutes Serves: 4
- 2 x 85g bags watercress
- 1 tbsp groundnut oil
- 4 chicken breasts, skinless and boneless cut into strips
- 2 x 275g packs ready-cooked basmati rice
- 2 x 100g sachets sweet and sour stir-fry sauce
- 1 large ripe mango, peeled and cut into small cubes
- 1 tbsp light soy sauce
- 1 tbsp medium sherry
- 300g pack bean sprouts, rinsed
- 1 tbsp sesame seeds, toasted
- Heat the oil in a wok, add the chicken strips and cook for 5 minutes stirring well, until browned and almost cooked through. Empty the rice into the wok and cook, stirring, for 2-3 minutes until piping hot.
- Meanwhile, in a medium pan, gently heat the sweet and sour sauce with the mango for 3-4 minutes until the sauce begins to bubble.
- Pour the soy sauce and sherry over the chicken and rice in the wok, tossing to ensure the rice is well coated. Remove the wok from the heat and add the bean sprouts and watercress, stirring well to allow the watercress to wilt.
- To serve, divide the chicken and rice between four plates, spoon the mango and sauce over the chicken and rice and scatter with the toasted sesame seeds.
Fat: 11g / Saturated Fat: 1g / Carbohydrate: 63g / Protein: 42g / Fibre: 5g / Salt: 2.16g / Calories: 506
Recipe courtesy of watercress.co.uk
Rachel - Silversurfers Assistant Editor
Latest posts by Rachel - Silversurfers Assistant Editor (see all)
- The best uses for peppermint oil - September 18, 2020
- Country Music Classics Playlist - September 16, 2020
- Guacamole 3 ways - September 15, 2020
- Zoom date ideas: How to have a successful virtual date - September 14, 2020
- Silversurfers Book Club Autumn 2020 - September 10, 2020
Leave a Comment!
Community Terms & Conditions
These content standards apply to any and all material which you contribute to our site (contributions), and to any interactive services associated with it.
You must comply with the spirit of the following standards as well as the letter. The standards apply to each part of any contribution as well as to its whole.
be accurate (where they state facts); be genuinely held (where they state opinions); and comply with applicable law in the UK and in any country from which they are posted.
Contributions must not:
contain any material which is defamatory of any person; or contain any material which is obscene, offensive, hateful or inflammatory; or promote sexually explicit material; or promote violence; promote discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age; or infringe any copyright, database right or trade mark of any other person; or be likely to deceive any person; or be made in breach of any legal duty owed to a third party, such as a contractual duty or a duty of confidence; or promote any illegal activity; or be threatening, abuse or invade another’s privacy, or cause annoyance, inconvenience or needless anxiety; or be likely to harass, upset, embarrass, alarm or annoy any other person; or be used to impersonate any person, or to misrepresent your identity or affiliation with any person; or give the impression that they emanate from us, if this is not the case; or advocate, promote or assist any unlawful act such as (by way of example only) copyright infringement or computer misuse.
Nurturing a safe environment
Our Silversurfers community is designed to foster friendships, based on trust, honesty, integrity and loyalty and is underpinned by these values.
We don't tolerate swearing, and reserve the right to remove any posts which we feel may offend others... let's keep it friendly!