Shallot, Courgette and Asparagus Salad
This light and fresh shallot, courgette and asparagus salad is perfect for summer when the weather is too warm for a big meal.
Ready in just 15 minutes, you can enjoy it as a side dish with a barbecue or on its own as a starter or light lunch.
Serves: 4 Prep time: 10 minutes Cooking time: 5 minutes
- 250g bunch of British asparagus
- 4 shallots, finely sliced
- 2 small courgettes, sliced into disks
- 100g feta, broken into small pieces
- 2 tsp poppy seeds
- 4-5 sprigs tarragon, leaves roughly chopped
- ½ lemon
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1tsp dijon mustard
- 2 tbsp creme fraiche
What to do
- Bring a pan of water to the boil and blanch the asparagus for 2-3 minutes. Add the sliced shallots to the pan for 30 seconds then drain the pan and run the veg under cold water.
- Drain again and put into a salad bowl with the courgette, feta, poppy seeds and tarragon.
- To mix the dressing put the juice of the lemon, oil, mustard and creme fraiche in jar with a screw top. Season and shake to combine. Drizzle over the salad and toss well.
- Taste and adjust the seasoning of necessary.
Recipe courtesy of www.ukshallot.com
Rachel - Silversurfers Assistant Editor
Latest posts by Rachel - Silversurfers Assistant Editor (see all)
Leave a Comment!
Community Terms & Conditions
These content standards apply to any and all material which you contribute to our site (contributions), and to any interactive services associated with it.
You must comply with the spirit of the following standards as well as the letter. The standards apply to each part of any contribution as well as to its whole.
be accurate (where they state facts); be genuinely held (where they state opinions); and comply with applicable law in the UK and in any country from which they are posted.
Contributions must not:
contain any material which is defamatory of any person; or contain any material which is obscene, offensive, hateful or inflammatory; or promote sexually explicit material; or promote violence; promote discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age; or infringe any copyright, database right or trade mark of any other person; or be likely to deceive any person; or be made in breach of any legal duty owed to a third party, such as a contractual duty or a duty of confidence; or promote any illegal activity; or be threatening, abuse or invade another’s privacy, or cause annoyance, inconvenience or needless anxiety; or be likely to harass, upset, embarrass, alarm or annoy any other person; or be used to impersonate any person, or to misrepresent your identity or affiliation with any person; or give the impression that they emanate from us, if this is not the case; or advocate, promote or assist any unlawful act such as (by way of example only) copyright infringement or computer misuse.
Nurturing a safe environment
Our Silversurfers community is designed to foster friendships, based on trust, honesty, integrity and loyalty and is underpinned by these values.
We don't tolerate swearing, and reserve the right to remove any posts which we feel may offend others... let's keep it friendly!