Shallot, Courgette and Asparagus Salad
This light and fresh shallot, courgette and asparagus salad is perfect for summer when the weather is too warm for a big meal.
Ready in just 15 minutes, you can enjoy it as a side dish with a barbecue or on its own as a starter or light lunch.
Serves: 4 Prep time: 10 minutes Cooking time: 5 minutes
- 250g bunch of British asparagus
- 4 shallots, finely sliced
- 2 small courgettes, sliced into disks
- 100g feta, broken into small pieces
- 2 tsp poppy seeds
- 4-5 sprigs tarragon, leaves roughly chopped
- ½ lemon
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1tsp dijon mustard
- 2 tbsp creme fraiche
What to do
- Bring a pan of water to the boil and blanch the asparagus for 2-3 minutes. Add the sliced shallots to the pan for 30 seconds then drain the pan and run the veg under cold water.
- Drain again and put into a salad bowl with the courgette, feta, poppy seeds and tarragon.
- To mix the dressing put the juice of the lemon, oil, mustard and creme fraiche in jar with a screw top. Season and shake to combine. Drizzle over the salad and toss well.
- Taste and adjust the seasoning of necessary.
Recipe courtesy of www.ukshallot.com
Rachel - Silversurfers Assistant Editor
Latest posts by Rachel - Silversurfers Assistant Editor (see all)
- Clever uses for fabric conditioner - November 29, 2021
- Get Ready for Stir-up Sunday - November 19, 2021
- Eco friendly gift wrap options - November 15, 2021
- Tips for an eco-friendly Christmas - November 12, 2021
- Find craft inspiration from the best Martha Stewart videos - November 11, 2021