Strawberry, Lemon & Basil Salad with Buffalo Mozzarella
This delicious strawberry, lemon & basil salad is a perfect dish for lunch al fresco!
The sweet strawberries and creamy mozzarella pair beautifully with the sharp citrus and fragrant basil. Use reduced fat mozzarella for an even lighter version or pile high on crisp breads for a crunchy snack.
Serve: 2 Prep time: 5 minutes Cook time: 2 minutes
- 100ml olive oil
- 1 lemon
- 10-15 basil leaves
- 10 strawberries, halved
- 1 ball of buffalo mozzarella
- Using a vegetable peeler remove slivers of the lemon peel. In a small pan heat the oil then drop in the lemon peel and cook till it shows the very first signs of browning. Fish them out immediately with a tongs and dry on some kitchen roll. Turn the temperature down a little and do the same with the basil leaves taking care as the oils may spit. Cook until they’re translucent then set the flavoured oil aside to cool.
- Rip the Mozzarella ball into pieces and arrange the strawberries and mozzarella on 2 plates. Squeeze half the lemon into the cooled oil, add a pinch of salt and some ground black pepper and whisk.
- Drizzle a few spoonful’s of dressing over the strawberries and mozzarella then scatter over the basil and lemon zest.
- Keep any remaining dressing in the fridge and use on salads, fish or pasta.
Recipe courtesy of BerryWorld