Strawberry, Lemon & Basil Salad with Buffalo Mozzarella
This delicious strawberry, lemon & basil salad is a perfect dish for lunch al fresco!
The sweet strawberries and creamy mozzarella pair beautifully with the sharp citrus and fragrant basil. Use reduced fat mozzarella for an even lighter version or pile high on crisp breads for a crunchy snack.
Serve: 2 Prep time: 5 minutes Cook time: 2 minutes
- 100ml olive oil
- 1 lemon
- 10-15 basil leaves
- 10 strawberries, halved
- 1 ball of buffalo mozzarella
- Using a vegetable peeler remove slivers of the lemon peel. In a small pan heat the oil then drop in the lemon peel and cook till it shows the very first signs of browning. Fish them out immediately with a tongs and dry on some kitchen roll. Turn the temperature down a little and do the same with the basil leaves taking care as the oils may spit. Cook until they’re translucent then set the flavoured oil aside to cool.
- Rip the Mozzarella ball into pieces and arrange the strawberries and mozzarella on 2 plates. Squeeze half the lemon into the cooled oil, add a pinch of salt and some ground black pepper and whisk.
- Drizzle a few spoonful’s of dressing over the strawberries and mozzarella then scatter over the basil and lemon zest.
- Keep any remaining dressing in the fridge and use on salads, fish or pasta.
Recipe courtesy of BerryWorld
Rachel - Silversurfers Assistant Editor
Latest posts by Rachel - Silversurfers Assistant Editor (see all)
- Are banks doing enough to combat fraud? - November 20, 2018
- Password protection tools - November 19, 2018
- Has the public lost interest in Christmas adverts? - November 16, 2018
- Try this: make your own vanilla extract - November 15, 2018
- Asparagus, ricotta and pancetta pizza - November 14, 2018
Leave a Comment!
Community Terms & Conditions
These content standards apply to any and all material which you contribute to our site (contributions), and to any interactive services associated with it.
You must comply with the spirit of the following standards as well as the letter. The standards apply to each part of any contribution as well as to its whole.
be accurate (where they state facts); be genuinely held (where they state opinions); and comply with applicable law in the UK and in any country from which they are posted.
Contributions must not:
contain any material which is defamatory of any person; or contain any material which is obscene, offensive, hateful or inflammatory; or promote sexually explicit material; or promote violence; promote discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age; or infringe any copyright, database right or trade mark of any other person; or be likely to deceive any person; or be made in breach of any legal duty owed to a third party, such as a contractual duty or a duty of confidence; or promote any illegal activity; or be threatening, abuse or invade another’s privacy, or cause annoyance, inconvenience or needless anxiety; or be likely to harass, upset, embarrass, alarm or annoy any other person; or be used to impersonate any person, or to misrepresent your identity or affiliation with any person; or give the impression that they emanate from us, if this is not the case; or advocate, promote or assist any unlawful act such as (by way of example only) copyright infringement or computer misuse.
Nurturing a safe environment
Our Silversurfers community is designed to foster friendships, based on trust, honesty, integrity and loyalty and is underpinned by these values.
We don't tolerate swearing, and reserve the right to remove any posts which we feel may offend others... let's keep it friendly!