Sumac Chicken and Couscous Salad
This Middle Eastern-inspired sumac chicken and couscous salad is the perfect recipe for the summer.
Quick to make and easy to prepare ahead, you can enjoy this dish for lunch or dinner is delicious served hot or cold. Try replacing chicken with turkey or prawn for a new flavour.
Prep time: 10 minutes Cook time: 6-7 minutes Serves: 4
- 500g chicken breasts, sliced
- 2 tsp sumac seasoning
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 50g pitted green olives, sliced
- 2 tbsp chopped coriander
- 200g whole wheat couscous
- 2 preserved lemons, chopped (60g)
- Juice 1 lemon
- 4 handfuls Herb Salad (100g)
What to do:
- Toss the chicken in 1 tsp sumac. Heat 1 tbsp oil in a frying pan and fry the chicken for 6-7 minutes until golden and cooked throughout. Add the olives and coriander.
- Meanwhile, place the couscous and preserved lemons in a bowl and pour over 300ml boiling water, cover and leave for 5 minutes, fluff up with a fork. Cool slightly.
- Whisk together the lemon juice, remaining sumac and oil and toss into the salad. Mix in the chicken and couscous.
Recipe courtesy of Salad Days
Rachel - Silversurfers Assistant Editor
Latest posts by Rachel - Silversurfers Assistant Editor (see all)
- BBQ lamb kebabs with flatbread - June 25, 2019
- Can you name these traditional British dishes? - June 24, 2019
- Who is your preference for the next Prime Minister? - June 22, 2019
- What goes first: milk or tea? - June 21, 2019
- Clever uses for fabric conditioner - June 21, 2019
Leave a Comment!
Community Terms & Conditions
These content standards apply to any and all material which you contribute to our site (contributions), and to any interactive services associated with it.
You must comply with the spirit of the following standards as well as the letter. The standards apply to each part of any contribution as well as to its whole.
be accurate (where they state facts); be genuinely held (where they state opinions); and comply with applicable law in the UK and in any country from which they are posted.
Contributions must not:
contain any material which is defamatory of any person; or contain any material which is obscene, offensive, hateful or inflammatory; or promote sexually explicit material; or promote violence; promote discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age; or infringe any copyright, database right or trade mark of any other person; or be likely to deceive any person; or be made in breach of any legal duty owed to a third party, such as a contractual duty or a duty of confidence; or promote any illegal activity; or be threatening, abuse or invade another’s privacy, or cause annoyance, inconvenience or needless anxiety; or be likely to harass, upset, embarrass, alarm or annoy any other person; or be used to impersonate any person, or to misrepresent your identity or affiliation with any person; or give the impression that they emanate from us, if this is not the case; or advocate, promote or assist any unlawful act such as (by way of example only) copyright infringement or computer misuse.
Nurturing a safe environment
Our Silversurfers community is designed to foster friendships, based on trust, honesty, integrity and loyalty and is underpinned by these values.
We don't tolerate swearing, and reserve the right to remove any posts which we feel may offend others... let's keep it friendly!