Super-Food Buddha Bowl Salad
Hearty, healthy and deliciously satisfying, this Buddha bowl recipe is a great way to turn the volume up on the traditional salad.
This one features a delicious blend of hot and cold, with toasty roasted chickpeas and broccoli paired alongside crunchy carrot and mixed leaves.
A zingy lemon and tahini dressing brings it all together for an easy lunch or dinner.
Serves: 2 Prep time: 10 minutes Cook time: 15 minutes
- 1 x 240g tin chickpeas, drained
- 120g broccoli
- 1tbsp sesame oil
- ¼ tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 pinch of sea salt
- 1 medium carrot, grated
- 1 bag mixed salad
- Juice of half a lemon
- 2tbsp tahini
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- 2tsp sesame seeds
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Leaves from 4 stalks parsley
- Heat the oven to 200C. Drain the chickpeas and spread them over a large oven tray. Divide the broccoli into small florets, toss those onto the baking tray too and drizzle with the sesame oil and sprinkle with cayenne and a good pinch of salt. Shake the pan to coat everything and roast for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile divide the carrot and leaves between two bowls then make the dressing.
- In a small bowl mix together the lemon juice, tahini, garlic powder and enough water to make it a drizzly consistency. Stir in the sesame seeds and season to taste with salt and pepper.
Recipe courtesy of Make More of Salad
Silversurfer's Assistant Editor
Latest posts by Silversurfer's Assistant Editor (see all)
- Do you see the benefits of mindfulness and meditation? - October 17, 2017
- Supporting your mental health in later life - October 16, 2017
- Easy Traybakes for National Baking Week - October 16, 2017
- The benefits of herbal and green tea - October 15, 2017
- Step back in time: to 1955 - October 14, 2017
Leave a Comment!
Community Terms & Conditions
These content standards apply to any and all material which you contribute to our site (contributions), and to any interactive services associated with it.
You must comply with the spirit of the following standards as well as the letter. The standards apply to each part of any contribution as well as to its whole.
be accurate (where they state facts); be genuinely held (where they state opinions); and comply with applicable law in the UK and in any country from which they are posted.
Contributions must not:
contain any material which is defamatory of any person; or contain any material which is obscene, offensive, hateful or inflammatory; or promote sexually explicit material; or promote violence; promote discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age; or infringe any copyright, database right or trade mark of any other person; or be likely to deceive any person; or be made in breach of any legal duty owed to a third party, such as a contractual duty or a duty of confidence; or promote any illegal activity; or be threatening, abuse or invade another’s privacy, or cause annoyance, inconvenience or needless anxiety; or be likely to harass, upset, embarrass, alarm or annoy any other person; or be used to impersonate any person, or to misrepresent your identity or affiliation with any person; or give the impression that they emanate from us, if this is not the case; or advocate, promote or assist any unlawful act such as (by way of example only) copyright infringement or computer misuse.
Nurturing a safe environment
Our Silversurfers community is designed to foster friendships, based on trust, honesty, integrity and loyalty and is underpinned by these values.
We don't tolerate swearing, and reserve the right to remove any posts which we feel may offend others... let's keep it friendly!