Tenderstem, Watermelon and Feta Salad
This fresh and tasty salad is ideal to serve in the summer. I particularly like to have it as a starter before a barbeque as it can be quickly prepared in advance.
Serves 2 as a main or 4 as a starter or side dish
Preparation time: 10-15 minutes
Cooking time: up to 10 minutes
15g pumpkin seeds
¼ of a medium sized watermelon
¼ of a medium cucumber
120g feta cheese
½ bunch mint leaves, roughly chopped
1 tbsp lemon juice
2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
What to do:
- Steam the Tenderstem for a few minutes until it is just tender. Remove and leave to cool.
- Lightly toast the pumpkin seeds in a hot frying pan until they start to turn crunchy and golden. Remove from the pan and leave to cool.
- Cut the watermelon and the cucumber into chunks and place in a bowl or on a large serving plate. Cut the Tenderstem into bite-size pieces and add to the bowl/plate. Crumble over the feta cheese and sprinkle over the toasted pumpkin seeds and chopped mint.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the lemon juice and olive oil. Season with salt and pepper. Pour over the top of the salad and serve.
Tip: If you wanted to transform this into more of a substantial salad, mix in 200g cooked Puy lentils as they make a delicious addition.
Recipe by: www.tenderstem.co.uk
Latest posts by Sally - Silversurfer's Editor (see all)
- What is equity release and could it be right for you? - October 14, 2021
- Do you eat less meat than you used to? - October 11, 2021
- 8 Calendars to help you make the most of 2022 - October 6, 2021
- Must-read annuals guaranteed to entertain - October 6, 2021
- Make your LPA online with Co-op Legal Services - October 6, 2021