Tenderstem, Watermelon and Feta Salad
This fresh and tasty salad is ideal to serve in the summer. I particularly like to have it as a starter before a barbeque as it can be quickly prepared in advance.
Serves 2 as a main or 4 as a starter or side dish
Preparation time: 10-15 minutes
Cooking time: up to 10 minutes
15g pumpkin seeds
¼ of a medium sized watermelon
¼ of a medium cucumber
120g feta cheese
½ bunch mint leaves, roughly chopped
1 tbsp lemon juice
2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
What to do:
- Steam the Tenderstem for a few minutes until it is just tender. Remove and leave to cool.
- Lightly toast the pumpkin seeds in a hot frying pan until they start to turn crunchy and golden. Remove from the pan and leave to cool.
- Cut the watermelon and the cucumber into chunks and place in a bowl or on a large serving plate. Cut the Tenderstem into bite-size pieces and add to the bowl/plate. Crumble over the feta cheese and sprinkle over the toasted pumpkin seeds and chopped mint.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the lemon juice and olive oil. Season with salt and pepper. Pour over the top of the salad and serve.
Tip: If you wanted to transform this into more of a substantial salad, mix in 200g cooked Puy lentils as they make a delicious addition.
Recipe by: www.tenderstem.co.uk
Latest posts by Silversurfers Editor (see all)
- How many portions of fruit and veg do you eat each day? - February 23, 2017
- The unwavering popularity of Optiflame® - February 20, 2017
- Is a Jaffa Cake a biscuit or a cake? - February 20, 2017
- The Active Collection from Hotter - February 20, 2017
- Enjoy the benefits of owning a dog without the commitment - February 20, 2017
Leave a Comment!
Community Terms & Conditions
These content standards apply to any and all material which you contribute to our site (contributions), and to any interactive services associated with it.
You must comply with the spirit of the following standards as well as the letter. The standards apply to each part of any contribution as well as to its whole.
be accurate (where they state facts); be genuinely held (where they state opinions); and comply with applicable law in the UK and in any country from which they are posted.
Contributions must not:
contain any material which is defamatory of any person; or contain any material which is obscene, offensive, hateful or inflammatory; or promote sexually explicit material; or promote violence; promote discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age; or infringe any copyright, database right or trade mark of any other person; or be likely to deceive any person; or be made in breach of any legal duty owed to a third party, such as a contractual duty or a duty of confidence; or promote any illegal activity; or be threatening, abuse or invade another’s privacy, or cause annoyance, inconvenience or needless anxiety; or be likely to harass, upset, embarrass, alarm or annoy any other person; or be used to impersonate any person, or to misrepresent your identity or affiliation with any person; or give the impression that they emanate from us, if this is not the case; or advocate, promote or assist any unlawful act such as (by way of example only) copyright infringement or computer misuse.
Nurturing a safe environment
Our Silversurfers community is designed to foster friendships, based on trust, honesty, integrity and loyalty and is underpinned by these values.
We don't tolerate swearing, and reserve the right to remove any posts which we feel may offend others... let's keep it friendly!