Teriyaki beef, mango and shallot stir fry
Quicker and healthier than a takeaway, this delicious teriyaki beef, mango and shallot stir fry is the perfect dish to celebrate Chinese New Year at home.
Serve it warm for dinner or pack it up and eat it cold for lunch on the go.
Serves: 4 Prep time: 10 minutes Cooking time: 10 minutes
- 8 shallots, peeled and quartered
- 1 tsp vegetable oil
- 400g sirloin or rump steak, cut into thin slices
- 4 tbsp Teriyaki sauce
- 1 mango, peeled and cut into slices
- handful of fresh coriander, roughly chopped
- 100g medium egg noodles, cooked according to pack directions
- Heat a large wok or heavy based frying pan with a little vegetable oil, add the shallots and stir fry for a couple of minutes, add the beef and continue cooking for a further couple of minutes.
- Add the teriyaki sauce and stir until the beef and shallots are coated in the sauce. Add the mango and fresh coriander, toss everything into the cooked noodles and serve sprinkled with a little more coriander.
Cook’s Tip: Place the beef in the freezer for approximately 20 minutes to firm so you can cut thin strips. Add a handful of long stem broccoli or sugar snap peas and sprinkle with chopped spring onions and fresh chopped chilli for an extra flavour bomb.
Recipe courtesy of www.ukshallot.com
Silversurfer's Assistant Editor
Latest posts by Silversurfer's Assistant Editor (see all)
- Does the Sandwich Generation need more support? - September 22, 2017
- Staying active lowers the risk of cognitive decline - September 21, 2017
- Clever uses for salt - September 20, 2017
- Is “old” an age or an attitude? - September 19, 2017
- Spicy Brazilian Prawns - September 18, 2017
Leave a Comment!
Community Terms & Conditions
These content standards apply to any and all material which you contribute to our site (contributions), and to any interactive services associated with it.
You must comply with the spirit of the following standards as well as the letter. The standards apply to each part of any contribution as well as to its whole.
be accurate (where they state facts); be genuinely held (where they state opinions); and comply with applicable law in the UK and in any country from which they are posted.
Contributions must not:
contain any material which is defamatory of any person; or contain any material which is obscene, offensive, hateful or inflammatory; or promote sexually explicit material; or promote violence; promote discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age; or infringe any copyright, database right or trade mark of any other person; or be likely to deceive any person; or be made in breach of any legal duty owed to a third party, such as a contractual duty or a duty of confidence; or promote any illegal activity; or be threatening, abuse or invade another’s privacy, or cause annoyance, inconvenience or needless anxiety; or be likely to harass, upset, embarrass, alarm or annoy any other person; or be used to impersonate any person, or to misrepresent your identity or affiliation with any person; or give the impression that they emanate from us, if this is not the case; or advocate, promote or assist any unlawful act such as (by way of example only) copyright infringement or computer misuse.
Nurturing a safe environment
Our Silversurfers community is designed to foster friendships, based on trust, honesty, integrity and loyalty and is underpinned by these values.
We don't tolerate swearing, and reserve the right to remove any posts which we feel may offend others... let's keep it friendly!