Warm chicken and strawberry grain bowl
This fresh and healthy chicken and strawberry grain bowl is packed with nutrients and makes the perfect healthy dish for the winter heatwave!
Serves: 2 Prep time: 20 minutes Cooking time: 5 minutes
For the salad
- 2 chicken breasts
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 200g precooked barley quinoa grain mix
- 100g cavolo nero or kale finely chopped
- 100g strawberries sliced
- 75g tinned corn
- 2 tbsps toasted pumpkin seeds
- 50g crumbled feta cheese
For the dressing
- 4 tbsps light olive oil
- 1 tbsp castor sugar
- 2 tbsps lemon juice
- 1 tbsp white wine vinegar
- 1 tsp poppy seeds
1. Bring a small pot of water to a boil. Add the chicken breasts, place a lid on and then turn off the heat. Leave to sit for 15 minutes.
2. In a glass jar with fitted lid, add all of the dressing ingredients along with some salt and pepper. Shake well and set aside.
3. Microwave the grains and pour into 2 large bowls. Arrange the strawberries, corn, kale, feta and pumpkin seeds over. Drain the chicken breast and slice. Top each salad with the chicken and pour the dressing over.
Recipe courtesy of Love Fresh Berries
Rachel - Silversurfers Assistant Editor
Latest posts by Rachel - Silversurfers Assistant Editor (see all)
- Will you purchase an international driving permit? - July 17, 2019
- Tomato and avocado salad with a lime & chilli dressing - July 16, 2019
- Clever uses for cotton wool balls - July 15, 2019
- Clever uses for nail varnish remover - July 15, 2019
- Mixed Berry Cheesecake - July 14, 2019
Leave a Comment!
Community Terms & Conditions
These content standards apply to any and all material which you contribute to our site (contributions), and to any interactive services associated with it.
You must comply with the spirit of the following standards as well as the letter. The standards apply to each part of any contribution as well as to its whole.
be accurate (where they state facts); be genuinely held (where they state opinions); and comply with applicable law in the UK and in any country from which they are posted.
Contributions must not:
contain any material which is defamatory of any person; or contain any material which is obscene, offensive, hateful or inflammatory; or promote sexually explicit material; or promote violence; promote discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age; or infringe any copyright, database right or trade mark of any other person; or be likely to deceive any person; or be made in breach of any legal duty owed to a third party, such as a contractual duty or a duty of confidence; or promote any illegal activity; or be threatening, abuse or invade another’s privacy, or cause annoyance, inconvenience or needless anxiety; or be likely to harass, upset, embarrass, alarm or annoy any other person; or be used to impersonate any person, or to misrepresent your identity or affiliation with any person; or give the impression that they emanate from us, if this is not the case; or advocate, promote or assist any unlawful act such as (by way of example only) copyright infringement or computer misuse.
Nurturing a safe environment
Our Silversurfers community is designed to foster friendships, based on trust, honesty, integrity and loyalty and is underpinned by these values.
We don't tolerate swearing, and reserve the right to remove any posts which we feel may offend others... let's keep it friendly!