Warm chicken and strawberry grain bowl
This fresh and healthy chicken and strawberry grain bowl is packed with nutrients and makes the perfect healthy dish for the winter heatwave!
Serves: 2 Prep time: 20 minutes Cooking time: 5 minutes
For the salad
- 2 chicken breasts
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 200g precooked barley quinoa grain mix
- 100g cavolo nero or kale finely chopped
- 100g strawberries sliced
- 75g tinned corn
- 2 tbsps toasted pumpkin seeds
- 50g crumbled feta cheese
For the dressing
- 4 tbsps light olive oil
- 1 tbsp castor sugar
- 2 tbsps lemon juice
- 1 tbsp white wine vinegar
- 1 tsp poppy seeds
1. Bring a small pot of water to a boil. Add the chicken breasts, place a lid on and then turn off the heat. Leave to sit for 15 minutes.
2. In a glass jar with fitted lid, add all of the dressing ingredients along with some salt and pepper. Shake well and set aside.
3. Microwave the grains and pour into 2 large bowls. Arrange the strawberries, corn, kale, feta and pumpkin seeds over. Drain the chicken breast and slice. Top each salad with the chicken and pour the dressing over.
Recipe courtesy of Love Fresh Berries
Rachel - Silversurfers Assistant Editor
Latest posts by Rachel - Silversurfers Assistant Editor (see all)
- Clever uses for fabric conditioner - November 29, 2021
- Get Ready for Stir-up Sunday - November 19, 2021
- Eco friendly gift wrap options - November 15, 2021
- Tips for an eco-friendly Christmas - November 12, 2021
- Find craft inspiration from the best Martha Stewart videos - November 11, 2021