Watercress rainbow salad
Quick, delicious and nutritious, this Watercress Rainbow Salad is just what you need to get back on track after a weekend of over indulgence or as a weekday lunch when you’re on the go.
Its list of simple ingredients offer all you need to fuel up; lentils offer protein and fibre, avocado and olive oil offer healthy fats. Parsley has anti-inflammatory properties and is rich in antioxidants, while watercress, carrots and peppers and packed with vitamins and nutrients.
Serves: 4 Preparation Time: 15 minutes
- 2 vacuum packed cooked beetroot
- 1 yellow pepper
- 2 medium carrots
- 1 tin of green lentils (400g)
- 85g (1 bag) watercress
- 50g feta cheese
- 1 pomegranate
- 2 tbsp fresh parsley
- 1 avocado
For the dressing
- 2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp honey
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- Pinch of salt
- Slice the beetroot and yellow pepper into fine matchsticks and grate the carrot. Drain the tin of lentils and combine with the vegetables in a large salad bowl
- Prepare the dressing by whisking together the apple cider vinegar, olive oil, honey and salt together in a bowl.
- Pour the dressing into the bowl of sliced vegetables and lentils and toss so all ingredients are coated in the dressing.
- Gently toss the watercress through the salad.
- Crumble over the feta cheese followed by the parsley.
- Cut the avocado in half, twist and remove the stone. Cut into slices and arrange on top of the salad.
- Cut the pomegranate in half and tap the back with a wooden spoon while holding it over the bowl to release the seeds, sprinkle on top to finish the salad.
Recipe courtesy of www.watercress.co.uk