Zesty beetroot salad with lime & honey dressing
Wake up your taste buds with this fresh and zingy beetroot salad. The sharp mustard, warming pepper and vibrant lime make this salad perfect to savour the last few weeks of summer weather.
Serves: 2 Prep time: 10 minutes Cooking time: less than 5 minutes
for the dressing
- juice 1 lime
- 1 tsp wholegrain mustard
- 1 tsp honey
- 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
for the salad
- 80g bag wild rocket
- 180g lime zest beetroot, cut into wedges
- 100g Caerphilly cheese, crumbled
- 50g pecan nuts
- In a small mixing bowl, whisk together the lime juice, mustard and honey. Drizzle in the olive oil, whisking as you go, until the dressing has emulsified. Season to taste with salt and pepper and set aside.
- Divide the leaves between 2 plates, and scatter over the beetroot and Caerphilly cheese.
- Add the pecans to a small frying pan and set over a medium heat. Toast for a couple of minutes until they smell lovely and nutty. Tip on to a board and roughly chop, then scatter over the salad.
- Finally, give the dressing a final whisk and drizzle over the salad. Serve immediately.
Recipe courtesy of www.lovebeetroot.co.uk
Rachel - Silversurfers Assistant Editor
Latest posts by Rachel - Silversurfers Assistant Editor (see all)
- Iced coffee cheesecake - July 23, 2021
- Selling your car online - July 22, 2021
- Common financial scams and how to spot them - July 20, 2021
- Beat the heat without AC: tips to stay comfortable at night - July 19, 2021
- Clever uses for butter - July 10, 2021