Bright and deliciously warming, this salad offers a vibrant array of flavours and textures in every bite.
Paired together with a mustard and dill dressing the radish, Halloumi, potato and cherry tomato each bring a different element to the dish.
Combined, it’s a salad high in vitamins, iron and potassium – perfect for a healthy lunch and decadent enough for any supper table, too.
Serves: 4 Prep time: 10 minutes Cook time: 20 minutes
- 200g new potatoes, sliced
- 150g mixed radishes, cut in half
- 100g cherry tomatoes cut in half
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 200g Halloumi sliced
For the dressing:
- 4 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- Small bunch of dill chopped
- Salt and pepper
- Place the new potatoes in a medium sized pan, cover with cold water, and lightly salt. Bring to the boil, and simmer for 10 to 15 minutes until cooked. Drain and set aside.
- In a medium sized bowl mix together the olive oil and vinegar, then add the Dijon mustard and dill.
- Add the new potatoes, radishes and cherry tomatoes to the dressing, mix and season well.
- Heat the olive oil in a medium sized non-stick frying pan and cook the Halloumi on both sides for 1 minute until golden brown.
- Add the Halloumi to the salad and mix gently, then divide between 4 plates and serve immediately.
Recipe courtesy of www.lovethecrunch.com