This Moroccan crusted salmon with an asparagus, rocket and preserved lemon salad is a delicious and healthy recipe for lunch or dinner.
It takes just twenty minutes to put together and has a beautiful blend of rich, aromatic flavours that complement the salmon and salad beautifully.
Serves: 4 Prep time: 10 minutes Cook time: 10 minutes
for the salmon
- 1 tsp crushed cumin seeds
- 1 tsp crushed coriander seeds
- 1 tsp sesame seeds
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp allspice
- 1 tsp soft light muscovado sugar
- small bunch parsley roughly chopped
- salt and cracked black pepper
- 4 pieces of salmon fillet, scales removed
- 4 tbsp olive oil
for the salad
- 2 bundles of asparagus trimmed
- 1 preserved lemon, seeds and flesh removed (Look out for Belazu preserved lemon available in Sainsbury, Waitrose and some delis or at www.belazu.com)
- 1 shallot thinly sliced
- 1 red chilli, deseeded and sliced
- 2 plum tomatoes cut into chunks
- 2 handfuls rocket washed
- 4 tbsp Greek yogurt
- extra virgin olive oil for drizzling
- Preheat the oven to 180°c, gas mark 6
- In a bowl, mix the cumin, coriander, sesame seeds, paprika, allspice, sugar and parsley. Season with salt and pepper.
- Sprinkle the mixture all over the flesh side of the salmon and drizzle over the olive oil.
- Bring a medium sized pan of salted water to the boil. Place in the asparagus and cook for 2 minutes. Drain then cool and set aside.
- In a hot non-stick frying pan seal the salmon skin side down first, then place in the oven for 6-8 minutes.
- While you are waiting for the salmon to cook, chop the lemon skin and place in a medium sized bowl. Then add the asparagus, shallots, chilli, tomatoes, rocket and a splash of extra virgin olive oil, season and mix.
- When the salmon is cooked, divide between 4 warm plates, top with the salad. Finish with a spoonful of yogurt, cracked pepper and a drizzle of extra virgin olive oil.
Recipe courtesy of www.british-asparagus.co.uk