This Middle Eastern-inspired sumac chicken and couscous salad is the perfect recipe to kick-start healthy eating in 2016.
Quick to make and easy to prepare ahead, you can enjoy this dish for lunch or dinner is delicious served hot or cold. Try replacing chicken with turkey or prawn for a new flavour.
Prep time: 10 minutes Cook time: 6-7 minutes Serves: 4
- 500g chicken breasts, sliced
- 2 tsp sumac seasoning
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 50g pitted green olives, sliced
- 2 tbsp chopped coriander
- 200g whole wheat couscous
- 2 preserved lemons, chopped (60g)
- Juice 1 lemon
- 4 handfuls Herb Salad (100g)
What to do:
- Toss the chicken in 1 tsp sumac. Heat 1 tbsp oil in a frying pan and fry the chicken for 6-7 minutes until golden and cooked throughout. Add the olives and coriander.
- Meanwhile, place the couscous and preserved lemons in a bowl and pour over 300ml boiling water, cover and leave for 5 minutes, fluff up with a fork. Cool slightly.
- Whisk together the lemon juice, remaining sumac and oil and toss into the salad. Mix in the chicken and couscous.
Recipe courtesy of Salad Days