This fresh and tasty salad is ideal to serve in the summer. I particularly like to have it as a starter before a barbeque as it can be quickly prepared in advance.
Serves 2 as a main or 4 as a starter or side dish
Preparation time: 10-15 minutes
Cooking time: up to 10 minutes
15g pumpkin seeds
¼ of a medium sized watermelon
¼ of a medium cucumber
120g feta cheese
½ bunch mint leaves, roughly chopped
1 tbsp lemon juice
2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
What to do:
- Steam the Tenderstem for a few minutes until it is just tender. Remove and leave to cool.
- Lightly toast the pumpkin seeds in a hot frying pan until they start to turn crunchy and golden. Remove from the pan and leave to cool.
- Cut the watermelon and the cucumber into chunks and place in a bowl or on a large serving plate. Cut the Tenderstem into bite-size pieces and add to the bowl/plate. Crumble over the feta cheese and sprinkle over the toasted pumpkin seeds and chopped mint.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the lemon juice and olive oil. Season with salt and pepper. Pour over the top of the salad and serve.
Tip: If you wanted to transform this into more of a substantial salad, mix in 200g cooked Puy lentils as they make a delicious addition.
Recipe by: www.tenderstem.co.uk
Latest posts by Silversurfers Editor (see all)
- In the Wild by Karen Stoker - December 9, 2016
- Which is your favourite Christmas Carol? - December 8, 2016
- Sunrise at Avebury stone circle Wiltshire by Paul Giles - December 8, 2016
- A review of Internet Privacy - December 8, 2016
- Sunset at Cley windmill by Pauline Goldsworthy - December 7, 2016