Shallot, Cherry Tomato and Mascarpone Pizza
This fast and easy dinner is the perfect alternative to the Friday night takeaway dinner.
The shallot, tomato and mascarpone offers a sophisticated alternative to the usual toppings and tastes great on both flat bread or a ready made pizza base.
Serves: 2 Preparation time: 10 minutes Cooking time: 10-15 minutes
- 12 shallots, peeled and halved
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 ready-made pizza base or use flatbreads
- 100g mascarpone cheese
- 12 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 25g Godminster cheddar cheese, grated
- Rocket leaves, to serve
- Pre heat oven 200c/ 180c fan/ Gas 6. Place the shallots in a frying pan, add the olive oil and cook gently until softened and beginning to brown, approx 10-15 mins, cool a little.
- Spread the pizza base with the mascarpone cheese, top with the shallots, cherry tomatoes and the grated cheese.
- Cook for 10-15 minutes until golden and melting, serve straight from the oven sprinkled with rocket.
Recipe courtesy of: www.ukshallot.com
Rachel - Silversurfers Assistant Editor
Latest posts by Rachel - Silversurfers Assistant Editor (see all)
- Brace yourself for allergy season - April 22, 2019
- Digital healthcare tools - April 18, 2019
- Should parents stop using chocolate for egg hunts? - April 17, 2019
- Silversurfers Book Club Spring 2019 - April 15, 2019
- Our favourite Easter weekend recipes - April 15, 2019
Leave a Comment!
Community Terms & Conditions
These content standards apply to any and all material which you contribute to our site (contributions), and to any interactive services associated with it.
You must comply with the spirit of the following standards as well as the letter. The standards apply to each part of any contribution as well as to its whole.
be accurate (where they state facts); be genuinely held (where they state opinions); and comply with applicable law in the UK and in any country from which they are posted.
Contributions must not:
contain any material which is defamatory of any person; or contain any material which is obscene, offensive, hateful or inflammatory; or promote sexually explicit material; or promote violence; promote discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age; or infringe any copyright, database right or trade mark of any other person; or be likely to deceive any person; or be made in breach of any legal duty owed to a third party, such as a contractual duty or a duty of confidence; or promote any illegal activity; or be threatening, abuse or invade another’s privacy, or cause annoyance, inconvenience or needless anxiety; or be likely to harass, upset, embarrass, alarm or annoy any other person; or be used to impersonate any person, or to misrepresent your identity or affiliation with any person; or give the impression that they emanate from us, if this is not the case; or advocate, promote or assist any unlawful act such as (by way of example only) copyright infringement or computer misuse.
Nurturing a safe environment
Our Silversurfers community is designed to foster friendships, based on trust, honesty, integrity and loyalty and is underpinned by these values.
We don't tolerate swearing, and reserve the right to remove any posts which we feel may offend others... let's keep it friendly!