Smoked Ham and Asparagus Tart
This delicious smoked ham and asparagus tart is perfect as a light weekend lunch on St George’s Day.
Serve warm with a fresh green side salad or potato salad for a heartier meal.
Serves: 4 Prep time: 20 minutes Cook time: 40 minutes
- 500g shortcrust pastry
- 6 large free-range eggs
- 300ml double cream
- 100g grated parmesan
- salt and cracked black pepper
- 2 bundles of British asparagus, trimmed
- 150g smoked ham
- Preheat the oven to 180ºc -350ºf, gas mark 6.
- Line a 9″ tart case. Roll out the pastry and put into the tart case. Prick the base of the pastry and chill.
- Remove from the fridge after 30 minutes. Place parchment paper on top of the pastry and add baking beans, then place in the oven for approximately 15 minutes until the pastry starts to crisp up, or according to packet instructions.
- Beat the eggs, cream and parmesan together in a bowl then season with salt and pepper.
- Take the pastry case out of the oven and remove the parchment paper and beans.
- Arrange the asparagus and ham randomly in the pastry case and pour the egg mixture into the case.
- Bake in the middle of the oven for 25 minutes or until set.
Recipe courtesy of www.british-asparagus.co.uk
Rachel - Silversurfers Assistant Editor
Latest posts by Rachel - Silversurfers Assistant Editor (see all)
- Mini Blueberry Tartlets - December 14, 2018
- Preventing falls this winter - December 13, 2018
- Should banks help restrict where you spend your money? - December 11, 2018
- Be drink aware this December - December 10, 2018
- Board games for fun family nights in - December 7, 2018
Leave a Comment!
Community Terms & Conditions
These content standards apply to any and all material which you contribute to our site (contributions), and to any interactive services associated with it.
You must comply with the spirit of the following standards as well as the letter. The standards apply to each part of any contribution as well as to its whole.
be accurate (where they state facts); be genuinely held (where they state opinions); and comply with applicable law in the UK and in any country from which they are posted.
Contributions must not:
contain any material which is defamatory of any person; or contain any material which is obscene, offensive, hateful or inflammatory; or promote sexually explicit material; or promote violence; promote discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age; or infringe any copyright, database right or trade mark of any other person; or be likely to deceive any person; or be made in breach of any legal duty owed to a third party, such as a contractual duty or a duty of confidence; or promote any illegal activity; or be threatening, abuse or invade another’s privacy, or cause annoyance, inconvenience or needless anxiety; or be likely to harass, upset, embarrass, alarm or annoy any other person; or be used to impersonate any person, or to misrepresent your identity or affiliation with any person; or give the impression that they emanate from us, if this is not the case; or advocate, promote or assist any unlawful act such as (by way of example only) copyright infringement or computer misuse.
Nurturing a safe environment
Our Silversurfers community is designed to foster friendships, based on trust, honesty, integrity and loyalty and is underpinned by these values.
We don't tolerate swearing, and reserve the right to remove any posts which we feel may offend others... let's keep it friendly!